"Networking" Sneak Peek and Q&A with @KellyAnneBlount

Who better to write the chapter about networking on Wattpad with other writers than Kelly Anne Blount (KellyAnneBlount)? On top of her writing projects, she's the person behind the uber-popular Wattpad Block Party. If you haven't heard of it before, head over to her profile to check out the latest summer 2018 edition. But first, enjoy this sneak peek from her chapter in The Writer's Guide to Wattpad.

~Ben

Sneak Peek

***** Q&A with KellyAnneBlount

What Year Did You Join Wattpad?

I joined Wattpad in 2014.

Why Did You Join Wattpad?

I joined Wattpad after talking to my good friend Apryl Baker (AprylBaker7, author of The Ghost Files). She told me about this incredible writing community with wonderful readers. I signed up a short time later and fell in love with the Wattpad community!

What's Your Favorite Part About Writing?

My favorite part about writing is the creation of new content. Figuring out the perfect plot, creating characters, and building a world around them is so exciting!

What's Your Least Favorite Part About Writing?

Hmmm... I really enjoy all aspects of writing. That being said, the trickiest part for me can be writing a short and concise synopsis after I've finished the book. I find it's much easier if I write the synopsis before writing the book, then tweak it after I finish.

What Advice Would You Give to a Writer Just Starting Out on Wattpad?

Always be grateful to your readers, give each chapter/entry your all, and connect with other writers on Wattpad! The world of writing is so much better with friends who write! :)

What Wattpad Story Are You Reading Now?

I'm currently reading INSTALOVE by A.V. Geiger a.k.a. Adam_and_Jane on Wattpad!

How Do You Write?

I write on my laptop; however, I send myself emails and texts when ideas pop into my head and my laptop isn't near.

What's Your Favorite Place to Read a Book?

I love reading in bed with a hot cup of tea or coffee!

Socks While Writing: Yes or No?

Depends on the temperature inside my house. If it's less than 70 degrees, I'll put on socks. If it's over 70 degrees, it's optional.

Where is the Best Place to Write a Book?

Wherever you feel most inspired! I write at home, coffee shops, and anywhere else I'm comfortable and feel inspired to write.

With Whom Did You Last Text With?

I just sent a text to a group chat with knightsrachel, fallzswimmer, cold_lady19, nonfictionalex, jordanlynde, katrocks247, zaraahlie, and PeytonNovak.

Smartphones: Apple or Android?

Apple everything!

Hemingway Said to "Write Drunk, Edit Sober." What Do You Say to That?

Whatever floats your boat! LOL!

You're Floating High Above Earth, Alone in a Space Station. You Hear a Knock from Outside on One of the Windows. What Do You Do?

Put on my invisibility cloak, cry, hide, and make sure all of the doors are locked!

If You Could Live Inside a Fictional World Created in a Book, Which One Would You Choose?

I'd love to live inside the Inkheart Trilogy.

How Much Coffee is Too Much Coffee?

It's time to lay off the coffee once your hands start shaking.

Anything Else You'd Like to Add?

If you're new to the Wattpad community or if you've been apart of it for a long time, you should check out the Wattpad Block Party! The event takes place twice a year (Feb. and August) and it features Wattpad Stars, New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling authors, and up and coming Wattpad authors. Featured authors share unique posts including interviews, alternative endings, sneak peeks and upcoming projects, and more! The current event is on my profile @  KellyAnneBlount

-30-