1 - 5

Chapter 1: She Loved the Wrong Person

"Miss, are you awake?"

Song Wuyou opened her eyes and hasn't yet made any sense of her surroundings when a voice of a young girl resounded next to her.

Miss?

Even if she had been thrown into the Cold Palace, the palace maids should still be calling her niangniang[1], then why is she being called miss?

Song Wuyou's thick, long and curled fan-like eyelashes trembled slightly, something was flashing within those confused eyes.

Had she not been 'bestowed' with the three feet of white silk[2]? Then why was her mind still felt as clear as it was before?

Did she, perhaps, not die?

How could she still be alive?

Recalling the series of events, Song Wuyou felt some pain at the back of her neck. But the place where it hurts most, was undoubtedly her heart.

She and that man had been through life and death, fought ordeals in the battlefield and had been alongside each other to build their country together. He once swore to the Heavens, that the day he became the Emperor she would be coronated as the Empress, and shall become the mistress of the Imperial Harem. But after she had accompanied him every step of the way, the Empress had not been her.

In the end, not only did he betray the vow he had made to her, he also abandoned her in the Cold Palace, sentenced her with guilty verdict, killed all of her nine familial generations, and then he even 'bestowed' her with three feet of white silk.

Thinking about this made Song Wuyou felt such a excruciating heartbreak.

"Miss, don't think about it anymore." Xu Jing who was sitting on her bedside had noticed Song Wuyou's expression and couldn't help but worry.

Xu Jing's voice pulled Song Wuyou's faraway thoughts back to the present. She gently blinked her eyes and then took a good look at her surroundings.

The ceiling is as white as snow, there's also some blinding white light and a lingering smell of disinfectant. All of these, for Song Wuyou who just regained her consciousness, felt too peculiar and somewhat unfamiliar.

Sad eyes showed some surprise, 'Where is this place, is this hell or heaven?'

When she saw Xu Jing, her brows furrowed; 'Why is this girl's clothing style looks so strange?' The shocked expression in Song Wuyou's eyes became even more apparent, coupled with a trace of confusion.

Did she actually die or not?

She secretly pinch hard her own waist, and felt pain.

Didn't she died?

If she really hadn't, then she should be in bed in the Cold Palace, so how come she's here?

This girl who sat beside her bed looking full of concern and distress, 'Who is she?'

"You..." Song Wuyou looked at Xu Jing and asked softly, eyes full of confusion.

"Miss, do you want to drink some water?" Xu Jing asked fully concern when she heard Song Wuyou's hoarse voice.

"Miss?" Song Wuyou frowned once again.

Xu Jing stared at her blankly for a moment. When she noticed that Song Wuyou seemed to be filled with questions and a lot confusion, she became nervous, "Miss, are you alright?"