16 - 20

Chapter 16: Let's See if You Dare to Act Arrogant in Front of Me Again

"Resorting to wicked acts just to climb in Young Master Gu's bed! But still she doesn't behave properly after obtaining the position as his wife. And now, she even dare to act impudently in public, raising her hand on her own meimei[1]. This kind of woman is really vicious."

"Is that true? Also I heard some time ago that she was involved in a serious car accident. There was even a rumor that the accident almost cost her her own life. How could she be wandering around already?"

"God really has no eyes. The good people lives a short life, yet a scourge lives a hundred years!"

"She's that notorious Mrs. Gu, ah? Really I didn't expect her to be such a stunning woman! How could her heart be so black?"

"The word 'vixen' is practically carved deep into her bones, what part of her is stunning? Like mother like daughter! I heard her mother was a bar singer. She also drugged the Old Mr. Song and then climbed in his bed. Then, after getting herself pregnant, she demanded that he must divorce Mrs. Song. In the end, she was abandoned by Old Mr. Song."

"Aiyoo, how did you know all of these?"

"Mrs. Song and I are good friends. We often played mahjong together. Of course, I know!"

Watching Song Wuyou hit Song Jiumei, all the people around whether they actually knew Song Wuyou or not started gossiping in whispers.

In a matter of seconds, a lot of unpleasant words were aimed at Song Wuyou. However, Song Wuyou acted as though she haven't heard anything as she looked at Song Jiumei with a calm and unperturbed manner. The cold sneer still hung on her face.

Receiving Song Wuyou's slap, the spoiled-rotten Song Jiumei was shocked and she froze for a few seconds. What had just taken place was totally out of scope of her understanding at that moment. When reality had finally dawned on her, she felt a scorching pain coming from her cheek. The pain felt like someone had wielded a sharp knife, slashed her cheek cruelly, and then a bowl of chili paste was rubbed onto the wound.

Song Jiumei's eyes turned scarlet. She glared at Song Wuyou with fury and hatred evidently embedded in her eyes, a trace of disbelief was also present.

"Song Wuyou, how dare you hit me!" it was a hysterical shriek.

Song Wuyou scoffed and took two steps forward.

Suddenly, Song Jiumei felt it hard to breathe. It also felt as if a menacing pressure came from Song Wuyou, suffocating her.

Subconsciously, Song Jiumei retreated half a step back. Song Wuyou seized the chance to close in on her by moving a step.

Looking at Song Wuyou, Song Jiumei remembered that she was the dignified Second Miss of the family, she would not lose her ground in front of Song Wuyou.

Thus, as Song Wuyou took another step forward, Song Jiumei stood her ground. Her chin tilted up like a proud peacock, staring at Song Wuyou with displeasure.

Song Wuyou leaned in. Her face a mere inches away from Song Jiumei's as she positioned her lips close to Song Jiumei's ear: "Slut like you deserved to be slapped!"

Hearing this, Song Jiumei's face burned with rage: "Song Wuyou, don't act too conceited. I will tell Daddy to stop your allowance. Let's see if you dare to act arrogant in front of me again!"

It was no secret in M City, that Gu Yanhao does not feel any affection towards Song Wuyou. So the man would not give her any spending money. If ever the money from the Song Family stopped, then Song Wuyou probably needed to sweep the streets.