1

I'm Mentally Gifted.

Nahmir: Chapter one.

"Nahmir, baby wake up. " I groan and fuss around as my eyes started to open.

"Nahmir, baby wake up you got school." The sweet voice of my foster mom, Cleo, rang through my eyes as my eyes fully opened and staring at her.

I smile and rub my eyes.

"Go-Good Morning Cl-Cleo." I say .
Yeah, I stutter. It's gets bad when I cry, too. If I talk too much I might slob, so I do all I can, and shorten my use of words.
My name, I don't know my real one, everyone calls me Nahmir.
Since Cleo's last name is Santana, it's mines.

Im a foster kid. I live with Cleo and Her husband Derick. They have me, and a baby girl on the way.

I was a free spirited person.
I loved flowers, and even wore them.

I loved bright colors, and black.
I was one of those kids labeled as, retarded.

At my school, labels matter, it basically defines you. I just wish I wasn't labeled at that.

I tell myself all the time, 'Im Mentally Gifted.'
I have no worries. I get bullied from time to time.
I take up for myself also. Never let anyone push you around.

Cleo rubbed my forehead and kissed it.
" Morning sleepy head, " she giggled and moved back as I stood up stretching.

"M-Morning."

I yawn and rub my eyes again.

"Go ahead and get ready for school, love. And remember, you have therapy today."
I nod and watched as she walked out my room.

I go to therapy or counciling about my school problems and me being 'retarded'

I close my door and say my prayers

"Dear God, thank you for waking me up this morning . Please make today, different. Let there be someone who understands me, and doesn't make fun of me.
Thanks allot. Amen."

________

I walk own stairs and smile at the two in front of me.
Cleo giggled as Derick fed her a strawberry..

He placed his hand on her stomach and she placed hers above his.

I coo and grab a banana from the fruit bowl on the counter.
They looked at me and smiled.

"Good morning Nicky."

Derick said calling me by a nick name he gave me.
He said I looked like a Nick, but he just called me Nicky.

"G-Good M---Mor-rning Derick." I say . I started to feel bad though, every time I talk, I stutter and I hate how I sound.

He hugged me and gave me a ten dollar bill. I don't eat the school lunch, so I go and buy me something from the small lunch place around the corner from my school.

I don't really need the money because I only buy some chips and a drink, but he denies me giving him the money back.
I save whatever I have left .

"I-I'll see you guys af-ter sc-school." I grab my book bag by the door and Cleo hugged me one last time.

"You sure you don't want us to drive you?" I nod and kiss her stomach.

"I'm sure, bye Chloe." I coo at her stomach and set off down the street.

_______

Hoped ya liked ♥
Pls excuse any mistakes.