John Doe

Here is my second story. I was watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle yesterday and just hated what they did to Agent Whiskey. I thought he deserved better or at least a more fleshed out backstory. So here's the idea I had. Meh...
Please note that I own NOTHING!
________________________

Rhett tried his best to ignore the screaming alarm on his phone telling him to get up. Normally he wasn't the kind who constantly hit the snooze button. In fact, he was the type to rise with the sun and was annoyingly chipper. His Pa always told him his momma was the same way. 'Never wanted to waste the day' Pa told him. But that morning he just wanted to curl deeper into his comforter's warm embrace. Agent Vodka certainly put him through the ringer last night. Against his Pa's wishes, Rhett had been training late into the night with Agent Vodka. The Rodeo was the ultimate training arena where recruits fought for a spot at The Ranch. The Ranch was where all the Statesman trained and the best found a place within the organization. The Rodeo was coming soon and he wanted to have an edge over the competition. The world of the Statesman was all Rhett knew and it was the only life he wanted. Pa, however, did his best to block Rhett's efforts to make it to The Ranch.

Rhett groaned and stretched as he tried untangling his legs from the sheets. Finally hitting the off button, Rhett fiddled with his social media pages and skipped all the ads for Valentine's "free SIM Cards". "Pa always said there's no such thing as a free lunch," he mumbled. He moved on to checking messages from Pa. This time Pa was working in New York while Rhett crashed in Kentucky. Champ was kind enough to offer him a place to stay after he finished his service with the Marines. Pa would rather have Rhett close, but Rhett didn't want to repeat walking in on his Pa banging and another one night stand like when he was 18. He smiled as he found an email waiting for him from Pa.

How's my Sodapop?
Hope you're taking it easy and definitely NOT training with Vodka for The Rodeo. Anyway, I'll be heading for Kentucky in another week and we'll raise some hell.
See you soon,
Pa

"Shit!" Rhett exclaimed, "How'd he know about Vodka?" He dropped his phone on the bed and debated whether Pa was bluffing or not. After awhile he gave up and figured Pa would chew him out when he saw him in another week. Until then, he'll carry on and see what Ginger Ale was doing. She promised she'd show him the new gizmos she built.

*****
Rhett had no trouble finding his way to Ginger's lab. He practically grew up chasing Champ, Pa, and the previous Ginger Ale around these halls. Without knocking he let himself in.

"Hello?" He called as his azure eyes scanned the lab.

"Over here!"

He followed the voice until he found Ginger sitting in front of a large monitor. Her agile fingers danced around the controls showing various charts on the screens. He quickly found a chair and rolled up next to her. "Watcha doin'?"

"There's some weird frequencies close by that caught me attention." She pointed at one of the monitors. "I'm trying to get a handle on it but something is blocking it."

"Need help?" He nodded to the control panel.

"Be my guest."

He smiled and got to work. "So," He cleated his throat, "You throw your hat in the ring again?"

Ginger sighed, "Yeah, and as usual, your Pa shut me down. I don't get what his problem is."

Rhett nodded. "I understand all too well. I'm preppin' for The Rodeo and I know he's not gonna be happy about that."

Ginger smiled sympathetically and squeezed his shoulder. "It's different though. I'm not his family, but you are. He's just like any dad worried about their baby."

Before he could respond the monitors shrieked. "There's the frequency! It's at a church close by! I need someone to escort me there now!"

Rhett waved her off. "You go ahead! I'll stay here and keep an eye on things."

"Ok." She motioned to an earpiece and she jogged out the door. "Stay on the line. We may need you!"

Rhett put the earpiece in and connected with Tequila and Ginger's comms. "Hey, Sodapop!" Tequila laughed in his ear. "When'd you get back?"

"Nows not a good time, Tequila." Rhett smirked. "Focus on what you're doing and we can horse around later."

"I can multitask!"

"Since when?"

"Boys!" Ginger growled.

"Yes, ma'am." They said in unison.

While Tequila and Ginger flew to the church via chopper. Rhett began analyzing the frequency Ginger was tracking. He noticed that the frequency increased gradually and plateaued before stopping altogether minutes before Tequila and Ginger touched down. If only he could track where the signal was coming from...

"Damn!" Tequila exclaimed, "It's like the fuckin' Texas Chainsaw Massacre in here!"

"I'm alerting emergency services now," Rhett said as he flipped a switch that sent a phony voice and number asking for help at the location he typed in.

"Sodapop, get the nanite table ready." Ginger instructed. "We're bringing a guest."

*****
"So what are we doing with this guy?" Rhett asked as he monitored the nannites' progress.

"We're helping him." Ginger said not taking her eyes off of Rhett's frequency analysis.

"Yeah, I get that. I'm talkin' 'bout what happens after he's healed." He motioned to the John Doe's personal property. "No ID, Passport, or anything to help us find out who he is or how to snap him back to the present when he wakes up."

"I know!" Ginger rubbed her forehead. "I know but we couldn't just leave him there."

"What'd Champ say?" Rhett crossed his arms across his chest giving his full attention to Ginger.

"We'll keep him here. Keep an ear open for missing persons matching his description." She shrugged. "Don't think it's a good idea to just let him wander about. Anyway, it's my headache to worry about."

"What do you mean?"

"Champ wants to see you in his office." She smiled. "It's about The Rodeo."