The Rodeo

Here is my second story. I was watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle yesterday and just hated what they did to Agent Whiskey. I thought he deserved better or at least a more fleshed out backstory. So here's the idea I had. Meh...
Please note that I own NOTHING!
________________________

Rhett would rather jump on a hand grenade than have another drunken heart-to-heart with Pa. Not because of the yelling, the crying, and laughing until he wanted to vomit, but because of the nasty hangover he was left with. Rhett rested his head on the table at the chow hall and smiled as he thought back to the conversation that they had. Finally they came to an understanding. Pa swore that he'd pull back more and let Rhett breathe. Rhett was still his baby boy, but now he had to see him as a potential colleague. "Now that I think on it, I'd be mighty proud to call you Statesman." His Pa said.

I hope he's tellin' the truth, he thought.

Bang!

"Tequila, you Sumbitch!" Rhett held his head on his hands as he glared at his friend. Tequila was making every effort into making as loud a ruckus as he could. Smacking the table, clanging his spoon and coffee mug, and speaking obnoxiously loud.

"Buenos días, amigo!" Tequila exclaimed in a scratchy voice. "Coffee?"

Rhett took the mug. "Thanks...look, man. I'm sorry I punched you...and scratched your face...and stepped on your throat..."

"Ah hell, I had you on the ropes." Tequila waved him off.

"Bullshit you did."

"Yeah yeah," he smirked, "So how'd the talk go? Cuz you look like you're a hurtin' cowboy right now."

"Oh I'm fine," Rhett groaned as he rubbed his temples, "It only feels like a herd of mustangs tramplin' around in my head."

"Ouch."

"Yeah." They sat in comfortable silence. Tequila stuffed his face with hot cakes while Rhett nursed his black coffee and nibbled on a beignet. His favorite memory was attached to beignets when Pa took him to New Orleans for the first time. How Pa laughed at the mess of powdered sugar all over his face and his Statesman Bear. He smiled at the memory then turned his attention to Tequila.

"So," He took a sip from his coffee mug, "Got any last minute advice about the Rodeo for me?"

Tequila paused mid-bite. "No shit! Your pa is actually gonna let you go?

"Not like he has much choice." He shrugged. "I'm a grown-ass man and Champ is sponsoring me so..."

"Yeah I get that, but remember the time you joined the Marines and Ginger had to rehack the system because he tried to make your drug test results say positive?"

Rhett smirked, "Oh yeah...I didn't talk to him for two years."

Tequila took another bite of his breakfast. "What makes you think this time is any different."

"I just have a gut feeling." he rested his chin on his hand. "I know he'll probably pester Ginger to keep tabs on me but at least he won't interfere."

"Well since you asked." Tequila set aside his plate. "You have to ask yourself how bad do you want this. Don't answer that now, but really think about why you're hear and what you're willing to do to be a Statesman."

Rhett leaned closer. "Anything else?"

"Nah, that's all the help you're gettin' from me. The rest is up to you. When do you leave?"

"Next week."

"Good luck, brother. You're gonna to need it!"

*****

Jack & CokeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara