Chapter 17

[Seto's POV]

"That's my girl, Lisa. Communicate but only vaguely." I had sent Lisa to the world where Adam and Ty had been.

And I had seen everything. My conscience had been traveling with them and I had see everything unfold. I couldn't believe Lisa got that cold that quickly, and I didn't have time to pull her out of there. Now she's vaguely trying to communicate to Ty and Jerome that if they date, it's only gonna cause bad things to happen.

I don't know what bad things would happen, but I know something will.

I'll check on Mitch while Lisa sorts this through.

[Mitch's POV in the asylum ((whatchoo gonna do \(o.o)/))]

I haven't spoken a word for the entire 5 months I had been in the asylum. It's just been the same routine though, sleep, wake up to food, get a shot, sleep. Today I was supposed to visit the person in charge. Apparently my lack of speech bothered them and they want me to see him, for some bizarre reason. My room was close to the kitchen, so I woke up every morning to the sound of pots and pans clinging. Every morning when I woke up, I would do a kick-boxing routine and, honestly, that was the only thing keeping me sane.

"Adam! Ty!" I half-shout. "Don't you... remember... asylum escapee?" I attempted to explain.

"Slow down, Mitch. You're not making any sense."

"There was an asylum escapee..." I start. How do I explain this? "Someone else had to kill a bunch of people... We seemed to know the escapee and his accomplice, right, Jerome?"

"Y-yeah." Come on, Jerome. You can't give up. You remembered.

"Oh my!" Ty began. I could tell he was just playing along.

"I have to make a quick phonecall..." Adam began and exited the room. There was some time before he came back in. I stared at the wall and only heard his footsteps then heard Jerome mutter,

"No." I heard a knock at the door and more footsteps then,

"Please come with us." A man grabbed my arm and I turned around to see five men in white.

"Mitch, these guys want to take you to a nice place to care for you." Adam stated. Ty sounded like he was trying to choke back a sob. I began walking with them.

"No!" I came to the realization I was being sent to an asylum. I turned around and ran. Someone grabbed my leg and fell on my face. I felt my nose start to bleed. "NOO!!" I screamed, desperately trying to escape. "NOOOOOO!!!" The men picked me up and I flailed around screaming.

"Mitch!!!" Jerome??

"Jerome!!" I shout, momentarily losing focus and being shoved into a van.

"I'm sorry, Biggums! I'll see you soon!!" The door to the van shuts before I could respond.

There it is again. The flashback that's been repeating in my mind since I was sent here. I finished my kick-boxing and a man walked into the room.

"You do that routine every day, why?" I don't respond. "Of course. Anyways, the warden is ready to see you." I hold out my left arm, ready for my daily shot. "You don't need that today." I put my arm down and follow the man down a hallway I'd never been. He opened a door and I walked into an office made of stone bricks. The chair at the desk was faced away from me, so I couldn't see the warden's face. The man closed the door behind me.

"Sit." I sat in the small chair on the opposite side of the desk than the warden. I saw a little snail begin to make its way out of a crack in the bricks and head to the floor. My eyes followed the snail. "So." I heard swiveling and had known the warden was facing me now, but the snail slowly made its way down the wall, and it somehow fascinated me. Such a small thing can move so slow, and still survive. "Mitch, is it?" The warden's voice sounded oddly familiar. I couldn't pry my eyes off the snail, though. "Still not talking? What are you staring at?" Another snail began coming out of the wall to follow the first. Both snails had made it to the floor and looked like they were trying to find something when a black boot came down and smashed both of them. I looked up and it was the warden, staring at the now dead snails, with their cracked shells.

"Silly, isn't it? They do all this work to die?" The warden wore sunglasses but he looked oddly familiar, like I had seen him before.

"Hey..." I say under my breath. That was the first time I had heard my voice in 5 months. The warden takes off his sunglasses, but I avoid his eyes.

"Oh. You do speak. Please, say more." I look around desperately, trying to find something to distract myself with, but fail to find anything. I accidentally meet his gaze.

"Jerome." I accidentally mutter. His eyebrows go up in surprise but, other than that, his face remains emotionless.

"It's Warden Jerome to you. Got anything else to say?" I've already let two words slip out, I can't let any more. I shake my head. "No? Okay. You had a nice voice, why not use it?" My eyes started tearing. My biggums didn't recognize me.

((Dun. DUN. DUN!!

Warden Jerome: What's the difference between me and him? *points to Jerome*

Me: Dunno.

Jerome: Then why did you put it in?

Me: Dunno.

Adam: Will I recover properly?

Me: Dunno.

Ty: What's gonna happen next? Let me guess... 'Dunno'?

Me: No, I know what's gonna happen.

Ty: Can you tell me?

Me: Hmm... Let me think... Dunno.

Ty: Please?

Me: No.

Ty: Pretty Please?

Me: The Magic Conch has spoken~

Ty: ...))