Chapter 7

Josh's POV

There was something different about her. She didn't care that I was a celebrity. 

I didn't realize how much fun a simple lunch can be when you're just joking with friends. 

"Josh, snap out of it, Josh," Matt said as he hit my hand repeatedly with a pencil. 

"What?" I asked as I came back down to earth. 

"You were daydreaming about something. You got a girl back in Hollywood or something?" He asked. 

"No," I said, not sure if I should say what was really on my mind. 

"Well it sure had the look of a girl. So if it's not someone back home then it must be someone here." He said with a grin. 

"Does it always have to be a girl?" I asked. 

"No, but when you hesitate on the 'no' then it is. So spill, who is it?" 

I rolled my eyes at him, making a show of giving in, "It may be a girl here," I cut off when I noticed a girl in front of us trying hard to not show that she was listening to our conversation. 

Thankfully the bell came on, saving me from the eavesdropper. She tried to follow us for a while in the hallway but we eventually lost her. 

"Dude, we lost the girl five classrooms ago, spill if you're going to."

"Sorry, I guess I'm just a little paranoid." I said as we walked into our next class. I didn't know if I wanted to say her name yet, did I really like her or did I just think she was interesting? 

"Well, remember the girls we sat with at lunch?" I asked. 

"No way, you like Sava?" He asked before I could finish.

"What? No, I li-" I stopped. "Wait, do you like her?" 

"Uhh, No?" He said awkwardly. 

I gave him a pointed look. 

Sighing he gave in, "I've seen her around, she's cute. But if people saw us together that would damage my reputation."

"You're worried about your reputation?" I asked. Matt did not look like the type of person to be worried about his reputation.  

"Maybe a little," he said defensively. "Why loose what I've built up for four years over a girl that I don't know even likes me. And even then do you now how many high school relationships work out? I'd rather just stay single for now, no girls for me."

I just stared at him for a few minutes. 

"What?" He asked. 

"That's just the saddest reason to not go after something that I've ever heard."

"Fine, If you ask your girl to Prom, and she says yes, and you don't regret your choice, then I'll ask Sava out." He offered.

"And if I fail?" I asked. 

"Then you don't judge me. And you should pay me 5 dollars for being right." 

I didn't know if she already had a date or was even planning to go to Prom, but I'm a celebrity right? That's got to be good for something. I should be able to win this bet easily. 

"Deal," I said, holding my hand out to shake his. 

"Good," He said, shaking my hand. "So who is this lucky girl?"

  \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Time_Skip\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ 

I didn't see Kate the rest of the afternoon, I tried looking for her in the hallways but the only girls I could seem to find were the crazy ones. 

"Hey, Josh, did you want to join the Drama club while you were here?" Susan said. I think her name was Susan, after all she has only introduced herself a few hundred times this week. 

"Umm, sure, I guess," I said, not really caring about it.

"Well, we should have an informal meeting then, let you get a feel for the club,"  She said. She just wasn't going to give up was she?  

Sighing, I said, "Okay, where? What time?"

She thought about it for a moment, "Hmm, tonight at the Snuggly Duckling, how does that work for you?"

"At a restaurant?" I asked. 

"Yeah, it'll be a nice place to get to know each other and talk about the club."

I knew she had more on her mind than just talking about the club, but I had already said okay, so why not? 

"Fine, see you there at eight," I said. I was not offering to pick her up.