Chapter 11

Kate's POV

The next morning I managed to find some clothes down in the laundry that weren't destroyed, but opted to wear one of Sava's outfits she had brought over for me. It smelled better. 

"What are we going to do now about this?" Sava asked as we drove to school in her mom's old minivan.

"I don't know, maybe we just go up to Josh and say, 'Hey, Susan's bad news, stay away from her if you wish to live.'"

Sava snorted, "Well that's one way, not as fun though."

"But yesterday's made her the victim, which could have made him side with her instead of with us. I don't want to give him any reasons to feel sorry for her," I said. 

"Awwwww," Susan smiled," You're saying that because you like him! You don't want to give him a bad impression!"

"No, I'm saying that because I think he's a good guy and doesn't deserve to be messed up  with Susan, or Carrie."

"Sure, that's all it is," She said with a knowing smile. 

 "Oh shut up and just keep driving," I said, not wanting to discuss it anymore. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Time_Skip\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

That day during first hour Josh did not show up.  He missed second hour too and I was getting worried about how I was going to explain last night if I never got the chance. 

At lunch however we were pleasantly surprised when both Josh and Matt sat by us again.

"Soup?" Matt asked as soon as he sat down.

"She's the one who stood up and bumped into me," I said.

"Oh?" Josh asked," Then what were you planning to do with the soup?"

"Dump it on her anyways," I said staring down at my food. This was one of my pranks that didn't look so good in retrospect. 

"Is she really that bad of a sister that you wanted to go ruin her date?" Matt asked.

"Wait  it wasn't a da-, sister? Susan is your sister?" Josh turned toward me and asked. 

"Wait it wasn't a date?" Sava asked, changing the subject away from my relation to the monster. 

"No, it was supposed to just be a meeting about the drama club," Josh said, still looking confused. "Is Susan your sister?" 

"By blood? Thankfully no, by marriage? Unfortunately," I replied, relieved that he wasn't actually interested in my stepsister. 

"Wait, so you're step-sisters? You and Susan? Are you two fighting over me?" He asked, smirking as he waited for my reply. 

"You wish, but unfortunately, you're not my type," I managed to reply.

Matt laughed at that, "Sorry dude, but some girls just dig the muscles." He flexed his biceps. 

I noticed Sava trying hard not to look like she was looking. 

"Nah, more like brains over brawn," I said.

"I just wanted to help you out because I wasn't sure how you were in that department if you were taking my step-monster out for a date."

Josh actually laughed at that, "Okay, next time, I'll go on a date with someone not related to you, by blood or marriage."

"That will help you some, but there's still a minefield in the dating pool, you might want to consider getting a guide," Sava said. I did not like where this could be going. 

"Is that an offer?" Josh asked. 

"No, only a suggestion, Kate would a better guide since she knows a lot from her sisters about everyone," Sava said. 

I mentally groaned, she could not be seriously doing this. 

"Well then, care to help me filter out any potential bad dates?" Josh asked me. 

I wanted to glare at Sava, but for now a kick under the table will have to do, "Sure, I've got nothing better to do." 

"Great, so as my date filter, I'll have to have a way to contact you outside of school, so here's my number," He said as he wrote it down on a napkin and handed it to me. How long had he been waiting for that opportunity?  

Later when walking back to class Sava could not stop freaking out. 

"He gave you his number Kate! That's big!"

"It's nothing to get to worked up about, we're just friends," I said, trying to calm her down. A phone number didn't mean anything. 

"Mmmhmm, and that's why he gave the number to you and not to both of us." 

"He probably expects me to share the number with you," I rolled my eyes. 

Sava just shook her head, "You really are stubborn."