Chapter 12

Josh's POV

"Hey Dad," I said as I walked into his office after school.

"What- oh, hey son," he greeted me without looking up from his computer. 

My dad, Philip Wilson, the world famous movie director, hard at work on whatever his next project is. 

I'd hoped by moving to a small town, away from all the glamour and distractions of LA, he'd be a little less busy. Apparently, I was the only one taking a break. 

"What would you do if you liked this girl, but weren't sure if she liked you back? And you don't want to mess up your friendship if you're wrong?" I asked. 

"What?" He asked, looking up for once," The hottest, most famous, don't forget one of the richest guys in the world under 30, having girl trouble?"

"She doesn't care that I'm a celebrity, if anything that's what she dislikes," I tried to explain. Normally girls were impressed by my fame, but Kate never really seemed like that, if anything she was always uncomfortable if the topic came up. 

"Just be yourself son, there's plenty of fish in the sea if this one doesn't work out. I've got some work to do so we'll talk later," he said, dismissing me with a nod of his head. 

"Oh, okay, see you at dinner," I said as I left the room, disappointed but not surprised. 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\Time_Skip\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

"People always telling me  
what I can't do
But it's my life
I'm not living it for you

It might be wrong
It might be a mistake
But it's one
I'm willing to make"

"Whataya think?" I ask as I hand Sava a cloth to wipe down tables. I was helping Sava out with her real job at the local diner. At the moment no one was here, so I'd taken the opportunity to share a few of my new lyrics.

You see,  one of my hobbies is song writing, while I'm not amazing at it, and don't hope to be able to claim to be anytime soon, I enjoy it so I keep doing it for the fun of it. I doubt it's really going to take me anywhere in life. 

If this was a Cinderella story then I could just enter some contest Josh was sponsoring, win somehow, and then get away from my stepfamily. 

"Not bad, I think I like it better than the last ones, but either would be good enough to do in the talent show," she said. 

I groaned, "Not that again!"

"Come on Kate! You have an amazing voice, take pity on everyone who is going to have to listen to Susan sing!"

I glared at her, "There is no way I am going out in front of the school and singing."

"Fine," She pouted for a moment before grinning, "What if it isn't you?" 

Sorry for the long hiatus, I don't really have a good reason for the long wait to update any of my stories other than laziness, stress, and no motivation. Thank you if you're still reading these stories and I hope to finish this one soon. (And I actually mean it.) I want to finish this story finally after 7 years of working on it. And a special Thank you to cutie_bunny_lover_75Astoria_Greengrass, and cjtrucker13, for your comments that you wrote on this story years ago. I don't know if you're even still on Wattpad anymore but your comments helped motivate me to work on this story again.