three

"Mom, Hailey is here, we're going out for a few hours!" I called as I jogged down the stairs, putting my second earring in on the way.

"Alright honey have fun and be safe!" She called back from the kitchen. Luke was on the couch with Andrew watching something stupid probably on the tv. He was in a graphic T-shirt and gray sweats, probably the drabbiest I'd ever seen him dressed recently.

I walked out the front door seeing Hailey's 2003 silver Honda in my driveway and hopped into the passengers seat.

"So how is it having your hot brother back home?" I laughed and smacked Hailey's arm, "God you're still on him like that? That's so gross."

She shrugged and began driving, "You can't hide from the truth, Natalie. And of course I'm still 'on him like that', I follow him on Instagram. He's looking absolutely golden as of late."

Ignoring the boy crazed comments, I pulled my phone out to check the movie showtimes at the nearest theatre. Hailey and I would always do this thing where we would plan to go to the movies at a random time, but not check what was showing, and we would go see the movie with the closest next showtime from when we arrived at the theatre.

"Okay, it's looking like it's either gonna be Ocean's 8 or the new Jurassic World. Not telling you which is sooner though!" I updated.

She rolled her eyes, "Please, god let it be Ocean's 8, I really don't want to sit through the Dinosaur Disaster of 2018."

I laughed, "Hey but don't you love Chris Pratt?"

She smiled, "Yeah...I guess he'd be kind of worth it...and hey your man Jeff Goldblum is in it for like.....two minutes."

"That would be the best two minutes of my life," I remarked. Hailey knew about all my weird celebrity crushes. Jeff Goldblum being a prominent one. She always makes fun of me for having a weird pull towards older men, but I don't really think I do. It's just a coincidence.

We arrived at the theatre and went to the ticket booth, looking up at the showtimes on the screen. "Alright it is currently 2:38 pm, meaning...." Hailey scanned the words.

"Ocean's 8 it is!" I finished for her, looking at the 2:45 showing that read on screen, compared to the 2:50 showing of Jurassic World.

We high fived and bought our tickets, bypassing concessions to head straight in to get a decent seat. As we approached the usher who tore ticket stubs, I stopped.

"Hailey, he's like super hot." She nodded, whispering back to me, "I know I just thought the same thing."

We continued to walk forward, and I smiled at the boy as he locked eyes with me. Hailey handed him our tickets and he smirked, "Your theatre is going to be theatre six to the left."

"Thank you," I said, barely above a whisper. His hair was dark and he was tall and thin, but not too scrawny. Usually my type in boys; dark haired and thin. He was no exception.

"No problem, sweetheart. Enjoy your movie."

Hailey and I walked away and her eyes were locked on me. She whisper yelled, "DID YOU JUST HEAR THAT HE CALLED YOU SWEETHEART OH MY GOD."

I giggled and looked back at him. He was smiling and looking at me, so he quickly looked away.

We went into the theatre and found our seats, which were pretty excellent by the way, before Hailey sent me to get concessions while she held down fort.

I brought my ticket stub so I could get back in, and made my way down. I walked back towards the lobby and passed the boy, giving him a small smile as I went. Usually I wasn't this confident with boys, but I guess I just wanted him that badly.

I bought us both drinks and a popcorn to share before heading back, approaching the boy again. I read his name tag; Daniel.

He smiled again as I came towards him and I chuckled, "I don't need to show you my ticket again right...Daniel?"

He licked his bottom lip and shook his head slyly, "No, I remember faces as beautiful as yours."

I felt my cheeks get warm as I blushed, looking away to save some embarrassment. "Hey," I heard him speak again, "My shift is about to end, and I'm gonna be gone by the time your movie finishes, so can I have your number?"

My mouth dropped open slightly. A guy has never asked me for my number before. I've never even been on a date. Snapping out of my thoughts, I quickly nodded, "Oh, yeah of course, um, it's 555-4370."

He wrote the number down on a slip of paper on the little podium they stand at, and grinned, "I'll be giving you call."

I began to walk away and he stopped me, "I never got your name."

Biting the inside of my cheek, I smirked, "Natalie."

He gave a small wave as I continued walking towards our theatre and went back to my seat. I gave Hailey the popcorn while I sat back down and she squinted, "What took you so long, it's about to start!"

"Daniel's number."

She cocked her head, "Who the hell is- ohmygod is that the guy-"

I nodded furiously and giggled. She squealed and hugged me and a lady two rows behind us shushed us loudly as the previews began.

We settled down and leaned back in our seats, and I was giddy with a crush.