nine

Luke entered before me, pushing the front door open. The music was loud inside the house as well and Luke turned around to me behind him and put a hand on my shoulder, guiding me so I would be in front of him.

"I need to always have eyes on you," he spoke over the music as his body was pushed against mine, navigating through the crowded house. I felt his bare chest on my shoulders as my button up had fallen to hang around my elbows and started to get goosebumps.

I could smell the thick scent of his cologne following me as we went to the back yard. It was delectable.

Various people were shooting Luke 'hey's and 'hello's, but he would simply just briefly acknowledge them while staying on his path. We finally made it outside and it was alive with activity. People were swimming, tanning, drinking, talking, and kissing everywhere you looked.

Luke was looking around before smiling and waving someone over. I was too short to see who it was, but then he came into view and I grinned, "Calum!"

His eyebrows raised and he smiled, "Oh my god, Nat, who knew you'd become such a stunner?"

Luke gripped my shoulder a little firmer, "Watch it, Hood."

He playfully put his hands up defensively and laughed before embracing Luke, "It's been a while, yeah?"

Luke nodding and they started talking. I immediately zoned out, scanning the rest of the populous at the party. Then I spotted another one of the boys and he saw me too. I waved him over, laughing. He was finally blonde and shockingly still had hair on his head.

"Nat! Long time no see!" He hugged me and Luke looked over and immediately grinned, "Mikey! Thanks for inviting us, I miss you man!"

I had now made it my duty to find the last bro, but before I could even think about where to start I heard a chorus of "Aye!!!!" behind me, signaling that Ashton had joined the group. I turned to him and waved and he greeted me. We all stood in a clump, the boys catching up, while I caught up with how they bulked up.

God the four of them were like the ideal image of man, it was unfair to my eyes, I could only take in so much perfection at once. Testosterone is one hell of a hormone.

I tapped on Luke's shoulder and pointed over to the bar, "I'm gonna go get a drink!"

He raised his eyebrows, "Non-alcoholic!" Calum chuckled, "Oh come on, Hemmings, she's what, like almost eighteen? Let her have some fun!"

Luke shook his head, "Shut up, you're just hoping to make out with her."

I coughed and gave Luke a 'what the fuck' look and he shrugged, looking at Calum. I crossed my arms defiantly and flipped my ponytail, "I wouldn't hate it."

That would show him. With that, I spun around and headed towards the bar as I heard all the boys except Luke 'OOOOOHHH' behind me. Some people were crowded around the bar area and I squeezed through, observing the selection. I've never drank before, so I didn't even know where to start.

There was a nice looking girl near me sipping from a cup so I got her attention. She smiled, "Hey!"

"Hi! So I like really want a drink, but I don't know what I'm in the mood for, what do you suggest?" I made sure to give myself a bit of a valley accent because she seemed like a valley girl.

She set her cup down and immediately grabbed a pitcher of something pink and fizzy, "O-M-G girl, you have to try this strawberry daiquiri, it's to die for!"

She poured it into a new cup for me and I thanked her before going over to the pool. There was an open deck chair, so I claimed it by sliding off my button up and tossing it onto the chair. Luke still had his eyes on me and I wasn't sure how considering I had to weave through the crowd to get to the bar, and then over here. I shrugged and held my arms out and he rolled his eyes and looked away.

I didn't want him to though. I slid my shorts off and went to fix my ponytail when I heard Ashton shout from across the pool, "Whew! Nat got any frosting to go with that cake?!"

I blushed and immediately regretted taking the shorts off. I knew he was kidding but I was still embarrassed. Luke's head snapped over and his eyes widened. He left the group and stormed over to me, "What do you think you're doing?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?!"

He shook his head and sighed, "Unbelievable. You really thought it was okay to show up in that? Everyone is staring at your ass!"

I gritted my teeth and in a bout of courage I leaned in, raising my voice, "Maybe I want it that way!"

His jaw dropped slightly and he smiled. It was an angry smile, a chuckling, pissed off smile. "Nat, you've never wanted it that way. Now you're just...you're making me..."

"I'm making you what?!" I shouted

He shook his head, "Never mind. Whatever, you're grown apparently so go have your fun."

He walked away in a huff into the swarm of people and I sighed, grabbing my cup before laying out in the chair. The sun beat down on my skin, instantly comforting me.

All of a sudden, a splash of water hit my legs and I gasped, jolting up. I saw Calum in the pool, peering at me over the side. I laughed and he popped up, leaning on the edge, "Come in the waters great!"

I pursed my lips and smiled, standing up with my drink before easing myself into the cold water.

He splashed me and I shrieked, pointing at my drink, "Hey hey! Watch the goods! This is important content, sir!"

He raised his hands, "Oh excuse me, my bad! What are you drinking anyways?"

I took another sip, "I think the girl that poured it for me called it a strawberry daiquiri. Whatever it is, I want five more."

We both laughed and he tilted his head, "Careful, that shits dangerous, it's stronger than it tastes. It'll have you doing things you swore you never would."

I could already feel it starting to hit. I've never been drunk before, but I just knew. I shrugged with a giggle, "Maybe something like that would be good for me. I could use a wild party story to put under my belt."

I set my drink on the edge of the pool and used my arms to boost myself up so I was sitting on the edge as well. My knees and below were in the water, and Calum came up to me, standing between them. His hands were on either side of me, "So Little Hemmings, you graduate this year, yeah?"

I nodded, sipping my drink again, "Ugh yes I'm so ready, I'm fucking worn out from school."

I loved the way his skin felt against mine. This was everything I'd ever dreamed of. Until I saw her.

Hailey.