eleven

In the car, I quickly blocked Hailey's number, snapchat, instagram, and twitter. Snip snip bitch.

Luke's hand was on my thigh as he drove. We left the party shortly after my good long cry and our good long kiss. Luke explained the situation with Daniel and Hailey to the bros and they understood, and Luke decided it was best for us to be home together anyways. I agreed.

The silence in the car was no longer deafening, but comfortable. Luke glanced over to me and smiled, "God you're pretty."

I blushed and shook my head, "I can't believe it. You and I...who would've thought...I mean you aren't even my type!"

He pretended to look offended, "Hey now!"

I laughed and his hand playfully squeezed my thigh, "To think this afternoon you about had a heart attack when I put my hand on your knee. I thought I blew it."

I chuckled, "And I thought I blew it by flinching so damn hard. I'm a spaz okay I don't know how to handle touch from hot people!"

"So you think I'm hot?"

"No Luke I think you're absolutely fucking atrocious, I just made out with you as a charity favor," I retorted jokingly.

Luke turned the car in the opposite direction of home and I looked out the window before looking at him, "Where are we going?"

He smiled like he had a plan, "Grocery store. We need to pick up a few things for tonight."

I held his arm that was on my thigh and kissed it. I didn't want to let him go. I didn't want to lose another boy because my track record isn't so great.

We pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store and got out of the car. We were both still in swim attire even though we put our clothes back on, the cover ups did not cover everything up. I didn't like that other people could look at Luke's chest.

And I'm sure he didn't like that other people could look at mine.

We got a cart once we got inside and he scooped me up and set me on the back edge of it so my feet were in the basket. I laughed at the stupid move and he smiled, "Great, now I can be the only person with a head on view of your boobs."

I rolled my eyes, "Wooooww clever boy. What do we need here anyways?"

He pushed the cart towards the frozen food section and began to browse the freezers as he answered, "Well, you've had a shit couple of days if I do say so myself, and I heard that girls like ice cream when they're sad."

My eyes lit up, "Oh fuck yes give it to me!" Luke immediately looked back at me wide eyed and only then did I realize the exact string of words I just said.

He laughed as I blushed, "I can only hope you're that enthusiastic about me too. Jesus Christ who knew my competition was ice cream?"

I cackled at the dumb joke, earning a look from a stranger beside us and Luke only smiled, opening the freezer to grab some cartons.

"What flavor?"

I scanned the shelves briefly before my eyes landed on one, "Ohmygod fudge cookie dough oof."

He shook his head in joking disbelief as he put the cartons in the basket, "Do you have an ice cream fetish or something?"

"I wouldn't eliminate it as a possibility," I replied seriously.

He navigated out of that area to a couple isles over, "Okayyyy whipped cream..."

I shook my head, "I don't like whipped cream on my ice cream."

Looking up at me, can in hand he smirked, "No one ever said it was for the ice cream."

Holy fuck. I didn't know what to say so I chose the easiest route of just not saying anything at all and letting my mind wander.

"Is there anything else you wanna get?" Luke said, interrupting my thoughts.

I thought for a minute and was about to say no until I had the best idea of my life. I gasped and Luke pulled back slightly and I laughed, "Oh my god we should get face masks!"

Luke furrowed his eyebrows, "Face masks? Really?"

I crossed my arms, "Dude guys who do face masks have major big dick energy."

All of a sudden the cart came to a screeching halt and Luke closed his eyes, tilted his head, and looked at me "I'm sorry they have what now?"

Oh god oh fuck Luke doesn't use twitter I'm a fucking idiot. Well Natalie, there's no digging yourself out of this hole.

"It's a....it's a twitter thing..."

He laughed, continuing to push the cart, "And what exactly is 'big dick energy', because you do know you're not getting yourself out of this one, right?"

I sighed and shrugged, "Okay so it started because some journalist wrote an article about Pete Davidson and how he was walking with 'big dick energy' because...well you know..." I gestured in my groin region to signify 'mans is packing heat' and he nodded slowly, "Gotcha."

I directed him to the makeup aisles where we could find the face masks and picked out a few of my favorites before we went to check out.

The cashier was a girl probably around Luke's age and as she scanned our items, she looked up to Luke, "Aw is it date night, that's cute!"

I smiled at her, "I know."

Luke chuckled slightly as he paid before pushing me once more to the basket drop off and grinned, "Okay let me see if I get it...what you just did...that was big dick energy."

•••

A/N: hi can you tell I wrote this chapter at 2:30am :)