Chapter 1-My Story

~Alexandra~
I had friends once. That, however, was a long time ago.
For some odd reason, as I walk to school, that's all I can think about. It was awful, slow, and painful. The weeks that went by as my friend and I slowly grew apart. When my friend slowly became an utter ass. Sure, they've got probably the most powerful quirk I've seen since the amazing Deku. He's the greatest hero ever, by the way. He carries on the legacy of All Might himself! I want to be like Deku when I grow up, but first.
I take a deep breath as I look up at the U. A. building in front of me. I have to pass my classes first if I want to become a pro.
I take shaky steps toward the stairs. I make my way up and follow my map to class 1-A. I don't even know who my teacher will be, but, to say the least, I'm nervous. I finally find class 1-A. I inhale and exhale deeply. Then open the door. I take a step and freeze in the doorway. Hot breath sears the hairs on the back of my neck.
"Move it, dork!" a voice growls at me, literally. My molecules become unsteady as I turn around.
"S-sorry!" I exclaim as I attempt to compose myself. I try my best to pull myself together. I look up at the male towering above me. Actually, I think his wings make him look bigger. At least, I think those are wings. I back up into the classroom. The boy advances on me. I run into a desk. The boy steps into the light and I see him fully. He has black leathery wings folded on his back, dark, chocolate brown horns that blend in with his hair, light brown eyes, and a tan complexion. He gets in my face.
"Why do you belong here?" he demands.
"Because I passed the entrance exam?" I respond.
"What's your quirk?" he asks.
"W-well, I actually have two," I stutter.
"Rich! Step away from the poor kid! You're going to make them wet themselves or worse, cry!" a voice from the desk I had run into says. I turn to look at the person.
I didn't really see how crying was worse than wetting myself, but I wanted to assure this person I hadn't planned on doing either.
Rich growled. "Fine. I don't even care about the brat, Laren," he says. He then storms off. I turn fully to thank the kid who rescued me.
"Thank you so much," I say, my molecules still bouncing around.
"No worries. Just, uh, piece yourself back together will you?" the female says.
"Oh, sorry about that!" I say as I pull myself together. "I'm Alexandra Kelsey, but you can just call me Alex. I'm from London. You?" I say in one breath.
Laren chuckles. "I'm Lauren Fabiano. I'm Italian. I moved here when my Dad got a new offer here for a job," Lauren states.
"That's so cool! I and my family just moved so I could go to school pretty much," I reply.
"So, What's your quirk? You said you had two," Lauren prompts, easily keeping up the conversation.
"Yeah, I can teleport and alter gravity," I say.
"A warp power? That's rare!" Lauren states.
"Yeah, one of my great-great-great-so on and so forth grandparents had it. Then my dad had the gravity power," I explain. "You?"
"I have energy healing and can produce force fields," Laren says. "It's really a relief to know that someone else has two quirks and it's not just me," Lauren adds after a moment.
"Same here," I respond.
"Were you two talking about multi-quirks? If so, I may be able to further your conversation," a dark brunette says as he hops a desk and proceeds to sit in it.
"Hi, what's your name?" I question kindly.
"Name's Austin Bachus. German. I have two lightning-related quirks!" Austin brags.
"And they are?" Laren inquires.
"Lightning mimicry and lightning teleportation!" he answers proudly.
"Nice! Any downsides?" I ask.
Austin's smile fades. "Well, yeah. I can only take so much wattage. Sometimes I can overload my brain and get, well, really dumb," he replies.
"Oh, I get it," Lauren says. "So, you have a limit and depending on how far you go over your limit depends on how long the effect lasts."
"Right you are!" Austin responds.
The sound of a door slamming makes everyone jump. "Everyone shut up and take your seats. I am Mr. Todoroki. I will be your homeroom teacher," the tall man at the front of the classroom states.
I quickly take a seat behind Lauren. I take in Mr. Todoroki. He has what looks like a burn scar over one eye and his hair is two different colors, red and white. Both of his eyes are different colors also.
"You all got into class 1-A hero course because you passed the exam. You all should put forth your best effort. Today, I want to see what you can do with your quirks. We will go outside in an orderly fashion after changing into athletic clothing. Then we shall conduct activities to see what you can do," Mr. Todoroki states. He presses a button on a remote, and twenty different boxes come out of the wall. We go to our assigned number and grab our uniform. We then head to change.
I stare at the two changing rooms, uncertain which one to enter. "Come on, Alex!" Lauren beckons.
"Lauren, I just," I begin. I pause, not sure if I should tell her yet. "Never mind," I mutter to myself as I enter the female locker room. I change quickly and then follow the crowd outside.
Mr. Todoroki calls roll once everyone is outside. Everyone responds when he calls their name. Well, almost everyone.
"Senshi Kirishima-Bakugou?" Mr. Todoroki calls. My eyes widen. Not them! Please, let anyone buy them be in my class!
No response. Everyone looks around for Senshi.
"The only native and she's late," Mr. Todoroki mutters. He continues with the roll.
"I'm not late!" a voice roars over us. We all turn to look at the owner of the voice. A figure with extremely messy purple fringe undercut styled hair flies toward us, propelled by streams of fire bursting from their hands.
"Senshi," I mumble.
Senshi lands in front of everyone. Dressed in grey athletic shorts and a white t-shirt, Senshi hasn't even broken a sweat. They look up at Mr. Todoroki. "I'm not late, Mr. Todoroki," they state.
"Yes, Senshi, you are," Mr. Todoroki replies. "However, as it is the first day, I will excuse it."
Mr. Todoroki finishes up roll. As he does so, most of the class stares at Senshi. The only native in the class. The rest of us moved here for various reasons from around the world. Senshi, however, has lived here all of their life.
I met Senshi when I first moved here, about seven years ago. We went to the same elementary school. We were close friends until their quirk became more powerful than it already was. I wanted to be just like Senshi. However, when I got two quirks, one of them rare, Senshi turned their back on me. I couldn't tell you why. I don't have a clue.
As I stare at Senshi, I long for that connection we once had. Senshi looks up and locks eyes with me. They stare into my soul. Fear fills me. I break eye contact.
"Damn," I think. "And I thought this school might be easier."