Chapter 10-The Rescue Mission

~Senshi~
"Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! How could I let this happen? How?! I failed Mr. Todoroki! I failed the pros! I failed...I failed Alex," I think. I feel a hand on my shoulder.
"You didn't fail anyone. We lost this battle, but we will win the war," Rosie says from beside me.
"We have to do something," I mutter.
"What do you propose?" Rich asks.
"When we get to the classroom, we have to get Mr. Todoroki out. We are going to track down Alie," I state.
Once back at the classroom, I explain my plan. Everyone agreed to meet at my house at seven thirty that night. Radar sense, Preston?, is going to scan the entire town. We'll get to a high point for him to do this, obviously. Then, we'll head to the location. We will storm the building, and rescue Alie.
That night, at seven thirty-seven, the last person arrives at my house. "Papa! Dad! I'm heading out with my class!" I shout toward the kitchen. I grab my sweatshirt and rush toward the door.
"Okay! Be back before twelve!" Papa replies.
"Sure thing! Love you guys!" I answer.
"Love you, too!" Dad yells. I then head out the door, shutting it behind me.
"Ready?" I ask the group.
"Ready!" they reply more or less in sync. We head out to the tallest building we can get a access to. Preston scans the city, Lauren healing him while he does it, for safety reasons.
"Follow me," Preston finally says in his thick British accent. We run behind Preston as he leads us, eventually, to a dead part of town.
Now, when I say dead, I mean there was no activity. Hardly any electricity, almost no body was walking around. A few thugs walk on the sidewalks, yet don't dare bother us. Probably because we are in such a big group. Preston leads us down an alley to a four story building. It looks pretty big, and also pretty run-down. Lea, who has a strength quirk, walks up to the door, which is almost falling off of its hinges. She swiftly kicks the door down. The sound echoes across the walls of the surrounding buildings.
"They should know we're here now. Maybe they'll run," she mumbles.
"Or escape," Rich adds.
I walk past Lea. I stand in the doorway. "Let's go," I say. I walk in. The others follow me. "Austin," I say quietly as we walk down a long hallway. "Heck your radio. See if you can pick up anything." Austin nods and puts a hand to his radio. By the way, he's better now. He isn't stupid anymore.
"I think I've got something!" he exclaims after a moment. Several voices shush him. "Sorry," he whispers.
"Can you put it on speaker or something?" Rosie questions.
"Yeah," Austin answers. He pushes a button on his ear piece.
"Tell me, hero, who is coming for you?" the voice of Dr. Akuma inquires.
"No one," Alex mutters, defeated.
"What? I couldn't quite here you. A little louder please. In fact, why don't you shout it," Dr. Akuma prompts. Alex doesn't respond. "Come on, dear. Who is coming for you?"
Alex chokes back a sob, then sighs. "No one," they whisper.
"What?" Dr. Akuma questions.
"No one is coming for me!!" Alex shouts in anger. "No one...is coming," they whisper.
I don't listen to the rest. I bolt down the hall.
"To the left!" Preston shouts behind me.
"Senshi! Come back!" The others yell behind me. I don't pay them any attention. I take a left. A door comes into view at the end of the hall. I boost myself with a stream of controlled flames. I do a cool spin in the air and kick the door down.
"Damn it! You take that back right now!" I shout from the doorway, white flames in tmy hands. "We would never let you rot here! I-we would never!" I shout. "So, you better...you better take that back!"
The three people in the room stare at me. "Well, it seems we have a visitor, Yūrei," Dr. Akuma hisses.
"That's not my full name," I hear Yūrei no Otoko mutter.
"What was that, dear?" Akuma asks.
"Nothing," he quickly answers.
"What's your name dear?" Akuma inquires. I hear a grunt from the back of the room. I look past Akuma and see Alex struggling and grunting. They're tied to a chair, gagged, and badly beaten. "Dear, What's your name?" Akuma questions again, catching my attention. I see Alex struggle behind Akuma. Yūrei looks between Alex and Akuma. Alex is furiously fighting their restraints. "Silence her, Yūrei," Akuma commands. Yūrei takes a whip off of the table and smacks Alex across the face with it. "That's better," Akuma says as Alex quiets. Anger fills me. "Now, I'll ask one more time. What's your name, dear?"
My fire grows hotter in my hands. I take my fighting stance. "None of your business!" I shout as I go to throw a punch. Akuma smiles. I get close enough to hit her, and she dodges. She grabs my arm and flips me onto my back, a move Alex used on me before. "You know, I've paid attention to you and your classmates. You all are something else," she whispers into the quiet room. I struggle under her foot, which she placed on my chest. My back feels broken, but I know the ground isn't that hard. She still has my arm in her hand. Alex begins to scream again. "Yūrei! Silence her!" Akuma shouts.
Yūrei lashes Alex twice on the arm with the whip. Tears stream down with blood on Alex's cheeks.
"I can't give up. Can't give in. But...I can't do this on my own," I think. "We're in the final room down the hall! I need backup!" I shout into nothing. "God, I hope Austin heard that," I think.
"What did you hope to accomplish through that?" Akuma asks. I glance toward the door. She follows my gaze. "You think your little friends can help you? Ha! Pathetic!" she exclaims. I stare at the door. I know they'll come. "Regardless, even if they did show, they could never defeat me! I know your every move! Your every thought!"
"Maybe," I say, noticing a vine on the floor moving toward me. "But you only know me when you're touching me. Just like your sister. I know how to beat you! We all do!" The vine grows and wraps itself around Akuma. She screams.
"Doctor!" Yūrei shouts. He tucks the whip in his belt and rushes to help Akuma. The vine lifts Akuma off of me. I roll out from under her, despite the pain in my back and arm. I stand shakily. Yūrei blasts the vines and grabs Akuma. Lightning arks in the room. A smirk creeps onto my face.
"You're outnumbered," I chide.
"I-no! Yūrei! Get us out of here!" she screams.
"Of course," Yūrei replies. He blasts a hole through the roof and shoots upward. I hear footsteps down the hall. A grunt catches my attention. I see Alex looking toward the ceiling above me. I hear a crack and quickly blast fire above me. Dust scatters around me.
"Thanks, but I could've handled that without your gravity quirk," I state. Another crack. I don't respond quick enough, but the rocks don't impact. I step a few steps to the side and the rocks fall. "Okay, thanks for that one, I guess," I say. Alex grunts. "Yeah, I know. I need to get you untied." I walk over to Alex and ungag them. I see the cut from the whip on their cheek. "My god, what did he use?" I mumble aloud.
"A spiked whip," Alex whispers. They cough. "Sorry," they mutter. I wipe the residue off my face. It's blood.
"What did they do to you?" I ask.
"A lot," Alex replies.
The footsteps stop. "My god, Alex," Austin says from behind me.
"What did they do?" Rich inquires.
"Let me through! Let me through you guys!" Lauren shouts. "Let me through or I will forcefield all of you!" The group parts and Lauren is let through. "My god, Alex, Senshi," Lauren mutters, rushing over to us.
"Don't worry about me, focus on Alex," I say. Lauren pulls out one of her knives and begins cutting away at the rope.
"Stay with us. You can't leave. We all need you, Alex. Don't leave us. Stay awake," I whisper to Alex as Lauren cuts the rope.
"Got it," Lauren says as the rope falls off of Alex.
"I can..." I begin.
"No, you're injured as it is. I can heal Alex and walk," Lauren assures me. She turns to the others. "Austin, Rich, I'll need support eventually." The two boys nod. "Where's Al? I need him to," Lauren begins.
"Already taken care of it," Rosie says. The sound of heavy footsteps reach our ears.
"Have no fear, for we are here!" Deku calls from the hallway. By now, the whole class has come into the room, so it's no problem for the teachers to get in. Deku and Mr. Todoroki come in, followed by Al.
"Deku, Mr. Todoroki!" Lauren exclaims.
"Let me take it from here," Deku says. Lauren passes Alex to Deku's arms.
"As your teachers and as pros, we are both very proud of what you all did here today," Mr. Todoroki states. "Even you, Senshi," he adds.
"Will Alex be alright?" I ask worriedly.
"Yes, Recovery Girl will be able to heal Alex. No need to worry," Mr. Todoroki assures us. We sigh collectively.
"Stay awake, Alex. Okay? You've got to stay awake," I whisper.
Alex smiles at me. "You do care," they mumble.
"Of course I care, you idiot! Do you think I would have risked my ass to save you if I didn't!" I shout. Tears prick my eyes because of the overwhelming emotions.
"Don't cry," Alex mutters.
"I'm not gonna cry, loser," I state. I smile slightly. "Stay awake for me, Alex. Promise."
"I'll do my best," Alex responds.
"I should get Alex back now," Deku states. I back up.
"Of course, sir," I say.
"No need to worry. We'll get there safely," he assures me. "Shouto, I assume you can take care of the kids from here."
Mr. Todoroki nods. Deku smiles at us, then leaps through the whole Akuma and Yūrei left.
"I hope you all know we'll have to call your parents. You did technically break laws and school rules today," Mr. Todoroki tells us. We sigh in unison. "However, I am very proud of all of you. You proved that you will all be great heroes in the future. Now, let's get you all back to school grounds."
I hold back with Mr. Todoroki as the class files out. "Papa is going to kill me," I mutter.
Mr. Todoroki chuckles. "Considering he led the rescue mission to save your dad, I think everything will be fine," he says. He lays a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I smile up at him.
"Thanks," I whisper.
He nods, and we head out of the crumbling room.

🎉 The Greatest Hero: A My Hero Academia Fanfiction hikayesini okumayı bitirdin 🎉