Chapter 4-Student vs. Student

~Alex~
"So, it's us vs. Senshi and Rich. Rich clearly has a dragon quirk, and Senshi has pyrokinesis. Senshi is most likely going to come after me; they have this odd grudge against me, don't ask," I say quickly.
"Okay, I won't," Austin replies.
"If we can quickly locate the missle then you can send a shock wave and stun them. You can do that, right?"
"Stun, no serious damage, should be within my range," Austin answers.
"Good. If you can stun them, I can teleport to the missle and get it. Then it's game over for the other two," I finish.
"Perfect!" Austin exclaims. He looks up at the building in front of us. Senshi and Rich were already set up in the building by now.
"Heroes! Go!" Deku calls from behind us.
"Ready?" I question, grabbing his shoulder.
"Ready," he responds. I take a deep breath and focus on the first floor of the five story building. I feel suffocated for a moment, then air refills my lungs. I open my eyes.
"We're in," I whisper.
"My god. I don't know if I should be amazed or scared. I'll choose amazed," Austin states softly, trying to catch his breath. I nod. We proceed to walk silently down the hallway, checking every room.
"Anything?" I whisper into my microphone that Deku gave us.
"Nope," Austin responds.
"Meet where we teleported earlier," I say.
"Will do," Austin replies. I walk out of the room I was searching. I head back down the decently long hallway. Suddenly, heat flares on my back. My eyes widen and my senses go on high alert. I quickly teleport around the nearest corner. Fire flares past me, the scent lingering in my nose. "Alex? You alright? I saw that light from down here," Austin says over the coms.
"Yeah, I'm good, but you might have to search without me for a while," I answer.
"On it!" Austin replies.
"Oh, Alexandra!" I hear Senshi call. I roll my eyes. I hate my full name, and Senshi knows it. I take a deep breath, let it go, and step out from my hiding spot. "Hey Alie! Like my costume? It's designed just like my dad's!" Senshi brags once I'm in their sight.
"Impressive. I like the gauntlets," I say sincerely.
"Heh, you'll like them better when you see them in action!" Senshi growls.
"I'd rather not," I assure them.
Senshi smiles wickedly. They rush me, preparing to swing with their right hand. Consequently, that's how they start all of their fights. I'm prepared. I dodge semi-easily, grab their arm, and fling them to the ground. Senshi let's out a short shout of pain. I quickly let go and run toward the stairs.
"You bastard! You think you can throw me and then run? Come back here!" Senshi shouts after me. I hear their footsteps racing toward me. I hear the flames they're probably using to propel them. I hear my heart pounding in my chest.
"Damn, this isn't going to end well," I think as I end up, somehow, back where I started. I run toward light that's at end of the hall. I stop when I realize it's a window. "Austin? Anything?" I say through coms.
"I'm one floor below the top. It should be up there," Austin replies.
"Right!" I respond.
"Come out, Alie!" Senshi yells from down the hall.
"Hell, it's a dead end," I mumble. I turn around, facing the approaching Senshi.
"You know a lot about heroes, right, Alie?" Senshi asks as they get closer. I don't respond. "Well, if you've noticed, my outfit is designed after my dear old Dad's, Bokugou that is. And these gauntlets? Do you know what they do?"
My breath hitches. "They-they allow you to release huge blasts without any consiquences," I say, having studied most porpular and unpopular heroes these days.
"Right you are! And do you know what happens when I pull this trigger here?" Senshi questions. They position themself to pull the trigger on their gauntlet, the gauntlet aimed at me.
"It fires the blast," I whisper.
"What was that?" Senshi demands.
"It fires the blast!" I shout.
"Correct again! So, Alie, would you like to find out how much punch this blast packs?" Senshi inquires.
"No, not really," I admit, backing up against the wall.
"If you fire that blast I will call off the fight!" Deku shouts through the coms.
"Good!" Senshi says.
"Fifth floor! It's here!" Austin shouts through the coms.
Senshi fires. I teleport as high up as I can. I try to focus. I land hard on the floor. A hand grabs me. "Are you okay?" Austin whispers. I nod, even though I feel like I might hurl. "You're not stable. I can't fire the lightning," Austin insists.
"Then distract him," I whisper. I stand shakily. I can hear Senshi rushing up the stairs. They're so loud when they're angry. Austin nods once I'm standing firmly.
"Richard! I have come to stop you!" Austin yells as he runs into the room. A bit dramatic, if you ask me. I don't argue, though. I walk in and stop in the doorway. I know for a fact this will send me over my limit, but I have to win. I have to prove that I'm good enough. That I belong here.
I hold out my hands and, while avoiding the gravity around Austin, focus on Rich. Right now he's flying, but if I can put enough gravity on him then perhaps this could work. Austin is flaring with electricity. Rich has steam spewing from his mouth. Suddenly, Rich is pushed to the floor. He can't move.
"What the hell?" he manages.
"Gravity," I say. I'm rather out of breath, so it's all I can get out.
"Gravity?" Austin asks. He gasps. "Gravity!" he exclaims. He rushes toward the missle, making a wide circle around Rich to avoid the force being applied to him. Austin makes a dramatic leap and touches the missle.
"The heroes win!" Deku announces over the coms. Senshi appears in the doorway.
"You bastard!" they shout. They storm up to me. The gravity around Rich vanishes. "I want you to know, I will never let you beat me again! Got it?" Senshi hisses. They're right in my face, looking down at me.
"Got it!" I squeal out of fear. Senshi then storms off. Austin pats me on the back, rather hard too.
"That was amazing, Alex! You were great!" he exclaims.
"You, too!" I state.
"Wish I could've used my quirk, though," Austin says. He quickly smiles at me. "No worries! There's always tomorrow!"
"Right," I reply. I try not to hurl from my overuse of my quirks. "Tomorrow."