Chapter 2-First Day Tests

~Alex~
The tests we would perform are pretty straightforward. There are five athletic tests: a long jump, a fifty-meter dash, an agility course, a swimming race, a baseball throw. We start with a one on one fifty meter dash. Most kids used their quirks to help them along. Others, however, had no advantage.
I go against Senshi, of course. I sprint the whole way, not sure if I am allowed to teleport to the end. Obviously, Senshi beats me. They propel themselves with their flames. I cross the finish line a good three seconds behind Senshi.
Next is the long jump. Lauren nor Austin do very well. I simply float myself to the other side of the jump. Senshi propels themselves to the other side, almost running me over as I scramble out of the way.
After that is an agility course. I easily stay within the boundaries. Whenever I get too close to the one I teleport myself into the center of the course. However, once I'm done I'm winded. Lauren places a gentle shoulder on me and I almost immediately feel better.
"Thanks, Lauren," I say, assuming she just healed me.
"No problem," Lauren replies. "I've got plenty of adrenaline and actually need to get rid of some of it."
I smile at her. "Did you see that? She has two powers!" I hear someone behind me whisper. I turn quickly toward the voice. A boy with holes in his hands quickly looks away from me. A girl whose skin is a light shade of purple also looks away.
"Don't mind them," Lauren whispers to me.
"Yeah, they're just jealous," Austin adds, slightly louder. I smile.
"Thanks, guys."
Once everyone had completed the agility course, we head inside for a small break. We then head to the swimming pool and race.
I'll admit, I'm not the best swimmer. Whenever I need air, I open a portal and take a quick breath. Yet, that tends to slow me down. Needless to say, I didn't do so hot in the swimming test.
Finally, after we had dried off and changed into dry clothes, we head back outside for the final test.
"You will each throw a baseball as far as you can. Give it all you've got and, don't worry, I have extras," Mr. Todoroki tells us.
He hands the ball to the first student, dark-skinned, buff girl with long braided hair. She steps into a chalk ring and chunks the ball.
"703.4," Mr. Todoroki reads off of a scanner he holds.
We continue to go. Soon, it's my turn. I walk up to Mr. Todoroki. "Can I teleport it if I throw it first?" I question him quietly. He considers my question.
"As long as you throw it first, it should be alright," he finally replies. He then hands me the ball. We've already gone through one.
I step into the ring and take a deep breath. I focus my energy on the ball and space before me. I open my eyes and throw the ball with all of my might. As it arcs in the sky, I create a portal and it vanishes.
"Infinity," Mr. Todoroki mutters in amazement.
"What? No way? That's not possible!" people mutter behind me.
"How the hell? You won't best me, Alex!" Senshi shouts. I turn in time to see them rushing toward me, fire in both their eyes and hands. Fear fills my soul, and my molecules become unstable. Senshi goes to throw a punch, their hand ablaze. I shut my eyes and hold my arms up to defend myself. However, the impact doesn't come. I open my eyes. Senshi is almost completely incased in ice. I back up slightly, pulling myself together.
"We do not attack other students, Miss Senshi," Mr. Todoroki deadpans.
"What...the...hell!" Senshi says. I can see their breath. "Unfreeze me you bastard!" they yell.
"We do not insult teachers either," Mr. Todoroki states as he approaches us. He places a hand on the ice he created around Senshi. It slowly melts. Senshi falls to the ground, having been frozen off-balance. "I do believe it is your turn to throw the ball, Miss Senshi," Mr. Todoroki adds. He looks towards me and nods. I blink, then, as I realize what he means, run back to the group.
"Where did you teleport it, Alex?" the kid with the hole-hands questions.
"Yeah!" the buff girl who had gone first adds.
"Well, I meant to send it across town, but it might have accidentally gone into space," I answer.
"Space? That's amazing!" Lauren exclaims.
"Quiet please!" Mr. Todoroki calls. We quiet down.
Mr. Todoroki hands Senshi a new baseball. "I can't throw this. I'll burn it up," Senshi growls.
"Just do it and get it over with," Mr. Todoroki commands.
"Whatever, I'll probably say I told you so," Senshi chides. They take the ball, go to throw it, and suddenly their hands burst into flames. The ball leaves their hand, yet burns up mid-air. "Told you so," Senshi says.
Mr. Todoroki glares at Senshi, then swiftly composes himself. "Very well, but you get no sympathy points. I will total your scores from each event and post them momentarily," he says the last part to the rest of us.
We wait for a few minutes, most of us impatiently. Finally, Mr. Todoroki posts the results. Not surprisingly, Senshi comes in first. I come in fourth. Lauren comes in fifth and Austin in seventh. Not too bad, if I say so myself.
I look around at the other students. Then at Mr. Todoroki.
"I wonder if he knows," I think.
"Knows what?" a girl says from beside me. I jump. "Sorry, didn't mean to startle you. I'm Rosie."
"Alex," I reply.
"You have two quirks right? Gravity control and teleportation. That's impressive," Rosie states.
"Thanks. How about you?" I question.
Rosie chuckles. "Telepathy. Again, sorry about earlier. I really don't mean to intrude I just bumped into you and heard your thoughts and, well, you know," Rosie answers swiftly.
"Heh, slow down there. And no apology needed," I respond.
Rosie sighs. "Well, anyways, it's nice to meet you, Alex," she says.
"You too," I reply. She then walks away toward a group of other students. I turn back to look at Mr. Todoroki. "Does he know?"