Chapter 5-The USJ Trip

~Alex~
Three weeks later in September we took a trip to a U. A. facility called the USJ. We were planned to do rescue training in groups. The USJ is designed to represent different natural disaster areas. There's a flood zone, fire zone, colapse, landslide zone, and so on and so forth. We were supposed to do rescue training and then head back to class. How wrong we were to think that.
"I'm so excited! I've heard so much about the USJ from my brother!" I exclaim as we ride the bus to the USJ.
"Brother? I didn't know you had a brother," Rosie says.
"Yeah, he's graduated now and is working under Endevor," I explain.
"Endevor? That's so cool!" Antony, or Ant, exclaims from across the bus. He's the boy with the bee quirk and holes in his hands.
"Yeah, Adrian is pretty cool, literally," I reply.
"Adrian? Is that his hero name?" Austin questions.
"Oh! No, sorry. He's Frostblade," I state.
"Frostblade? You're brother is Frostblade?" Al, the super speed kid, inquires.
I nod. "That's so cool! Frostblade is who I aspire to be!" Derick, who has an ice quirk, exclaims.
I chuckle. "He's a great older brother, too," I say.
"Hey, Frostblade has ice powers, and he's your brother. Why don't you have ice powers?" Lauren asks.
"Oh," I say as I fiddle with my helmet. "I just didn't inherit that power for some odd reason. However, I can make the temperature drop depending on how much gravitational force I use."
"That's pretty neat!" Claire, who is not only purple-skinned but also has an acid quirk, says kindly.
I smile. "Thanks, Claire. I really just want to live up to both my brother and my Uncle." My eyes widen as soon as I say it. I know I've made a mistake.
"Who's your uncle?" Austin questions.
"No one important. He's a minor hero, doesn't really like the spotlight," I say quickly.
"With a brother like Frostblade, I doubt your uncle is a minor hero," Ant states.
"But if you'd rather not talk about it," Lauren adds quickly. She shoots a glare at Ant.
"Yeah, thanks," I say, glancing at Mr. Todoroki. Rosie smiles and cautiously placed a hand on m shoulder. "Don't tell anyone, please," I think.
"I won't," Rosie whispers. "I just wanted to make sure; didn't want to assume incorrectly."
I nod. The others look at us strangely, but don't question.
Mr. Todoroki stands after a few more minutes. The class silences. "Class, we have arrived at the USJ. Please prepare yourselves," he says.
We all excitedly file off of the bus once it's stopped. We make our way into the USJ. Inside, Uravity and Lord Explosion Murder are waiting inside. In other words, the pro hero Uravity and one of Senshi's dads were waiting for us. Mr. Todoroki walks up to the two pro heroes. "Where's Deku?" he asks.
"Probably at an interview," Bakugou grumbles.
"Resting," Uravity states as she glares at Bakugou. He rolls his eyes. Mr. Todoroki nods.
"I understand." Mr. Todoroki turns to us. "Class, you will be split up in different groups. You will each take on one of the natural disaster zones. The teams will be..." Mr. Todoroki doesn't get to finish. A dark shadow appears at the base of the stairs. Several people emerge from the shadow. Two especially dangerous looking people emerge, along with many minion-looking people.
"Ah, the USJ. Brilliant!" A crazed-looking female states. She wears a lab coat, a black blouse, jeans, and combat boots. Her long hair is down near her butt and her orange eyes glow villainously.
Actually, those eyes look an awful lot like Rosie's. I turn to Rosie, who is frozen in fear. "No, no, no! This can't be happening!" she whispers.
"Rosie? Are you okay?" I ask silently.
"Rosie, dear? Are you up there with the class? Come join your dear sister!" the female down below yells up to us. Rosie begins to back up.
"Sister?" several people whisper to each other. "Rosie has a sister?"
"Dr. Akuma," Mr. Todoroki says. Fire flares on his left side and ice on his right.
"Good! Someone knows me!" Dr. Akuma shouts. She turns to the dark shadow. "Why don't you scatter them, Tauntless," Dr. Akuma says.
"With pleasure," the dark shadow, who is apparently called Tauntless, growls. He zooms toward us, flying technically.
"Everyone get down and grab something or someone!" Mr. Todoroki shouts.
We all drop to the ground. I grab onto Rosie and something leathery. A hand grabs that arm. I feel Rosie link hands with me. Tauntless surrounds us. I feel suffocated for a moment, the same way I feel when teleporting, and then I'm falling.
"Hold on!" I hear Rich yell. I've let go of what I was holding. I feel who I assume to be Rich grab me. He grunts and I feel him grab someone else with his spare arm. He grunts at the combined weight of the three of us. I don't dare open my eyes. Rich shouts loudly, I think out of pain.
"I've got to help him!" I think. Focus. Focus! The Gravity around us needs to lighten. There's something below us. Push against it. Push...now!
Air billows around us from the gravitational force I'm applying to whatever is below us. "Thanks," Rich says, although his voice is still strained. I listen while staying focused. Soon, Rich's feet hit solid ground. He collapses and both me and the other kid he was carrying grunt on impact. I open my eyes, pulling myself together. I'm laying on the deck of a ship in the middle of the flood zone. Rich lays beside me. He runs his hands on his wings. He must have strained them carrying me and the other kid. Speaking of which, I look on the other side of Rich and spot Rosie. So that's who he was carrying.
"You alright, Rich?" I ask.
"Yeah, thanks to your gravity control I am," he replies.
"So, now what?" Rosie questions as she sits on her knees.
"We need to get back to the others. The main entrance," Rich states.
"I could teleport us, but I'll need a minute," I say.
"I'd say I could fly us, but right now I'm not so sure," Rich admits.
"Well, either way, we need to get out of here fast," Rosie states, looking over the edge of the boat.
"Why?" Rich and I ask in unison.
"You might want to come and see this," Rosie responds.