VII

007.|'Bonding'|

Rise and shine, Upper East Siders. It's officially fall and when the leaves start to turn, we know it's time for B's birthday. We hope Serena will be there to celebrate, but we hear she's having her own private party with a professor.

-Gossip Girl

Leaving my shift at the prison, I stopped in the city to get a cup of hot tea. Upon trying to hail a cab, I see Serena exit a hotel that isn't the Palace or the Waldorf's.

She leaves in the opposite direction not colliding with my path. I then hail down a cab, just as I was going to get in, my business professor collides with me.

"My apologies. Oh,Vienna. I'm sorry but I'm in a hurry." He says as he gives me a sincere smile before leaving.

I get into my cab and give the driver directions. It wasn't until after that I pieced the puzzle together. Serena left the same hotel as my professor in about the same time. She's dating my business professor. It's not hard to believe that Serena would be dating a college professor anyway.

At Columbia, I leave my calculus classroom. Mathematics was never one of my strengths but my greatest weakness.

I head towards off campus to get home, on the way I collide paths with West.

"We've got to stop meeting this way." He says in exaggeration.

"This is only the second time." I state

"If it's not one, it's too many." He says as he drapes his arm over my shoulders.

"Do you even go here?" I ask

"Do you?" He asks as he narrows his eyes at me

"Maybe." I respond "Maybe I just like to walk around campus."

"That's lame. I'm actually a student here." He says "Oh hey, are you going to Blair's birthday party?"

I look at him perplexed "Party?" I ask

He purses his lips and looks like he just spilt someone's secret. "You mean you weren't invited?" He asks

Obviously not.

0O0O0

I tighten the ponytail on my head while half of my hair remains down and tousled in loose curls.

I grab my clutch off from West's hand and face the elevator doors.

"Thanks again for inviting me." I say

The elevator doors slide open and I step out, making a turn and entering the party. It appears everyone is here and they were invited.

I cross paths with the birthday girl herself, she furrows her eyebrows at me before raising one and crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Vienna, I wasn't expecting you." She says with a fake small smile.

"Because You didn't invite me." I state as I give her a subtle cold look.