X

010.| 'Gestures' |

Thanksgiving: my favorite holiday

Thanksgiving: my favorite holiday. As always, I'll be spending it giving thanks for the bounty of secrest I've harvested from you this year, but leave a place for me at your table.. I'll be back for just desserts.
-Gossip Girl

The air smells of apple cinnamon and pumpkin, the whole house has a pungent smell of an Autumn fragrance shop. Mother's favorite.

The aroma of turkey baking mixes with the cinnamon smell in the kitchen. The kitchen is decorated with leaves and Autumn decor, the whole house is. Today is Thanksgiving, a favorite holiday around here.

"There's my beautiful birthday girl." Mom smiles, pausing her whipped cream whisking.

It's also my birthday, this year it's the same day of a beloved holiday.

"Here I am." I say, a small smile on my face. I'm engulfed into a tight hug by the woman who gave birth to me on this day many years ago.

"There she is! Yesterday twenty and today twenty-one" Dad says, walking in through the back doors. Bundled up looking like a hefty man with the layers of clothing on and Ezra beside him, wearing only a light sweater and a scarf. "Happy Birthday, pickles."

"Thanks dad." I say, turning to Ezra after parting ways from dad.

"My little sister can now drink without getting cited, how times have changed or just how fast your getting old." Ezra says, smirking as he pulled me into a hug.

"Haha, jerk." I fake laugh and playfully shove him away.

"So today's just going to be us four with a whole bunch of food and desserts. how does that sound, sweetie?" Mom asks

"Sounds perfect." I smile, it does sound perfect.

"I'm going to go buy booze, we can't celebrate without that." Ezra announces, mom even agreeing with him. "V, lets go."

"Put on another jacket, son." Dad shouts as we embark on our adventure for alcohol.

Strolling through aisles of liquor in a supermarket, Ezra has yet to put anything in the cart.

"I thought we came here for booze, the cart is empty." I huff

"The cart is empty because you haven't put anything in." Ezra remarks giving me a look that reads 'dumbass'.

I began looking at the variety of liquor on the shelves, grabbing a few bottles of rosè of course. Ezra grabbed a few bottles of champagne and whiskey before we went to check out. I didn't need anything else but the wine.