XX

020.|'New Beginning'|

Nate's eyes slowly diverted to me and he spoke lowly "What was he talking about?" He asked

I forced back the tears and swallowed back before I spoke "Something happened last year that drove us apart."

Nate seemed behind, he was slowly processing what he heard.

"You-you were pregnant?" He asked incredulously, his eyes looked at me in hopes he misheard.

I only nodded in response because I couldn't speak anymore.

Nate shut his eyes for a moment "I-I need a moment." He said calmly as he left the room.

I sat down, my bottom lip quivering but I wouldn't let myself break down. Not when there was threat against my family.

I called Chuck and told him about the tapes, he told me meet him at his suite.

In the cab, I dried my tears and put up a facade.

When I entered the suite, Nate was there by Chuck as they watched a laptop screen. He saw me and shifted which Chuck noticed as he glanced at his best-friend.

"We caught Russell trying to steal the tapes but we got them before he did." Chuck said with a smirk of triumphant.

I forced a smile and walked to his side to watch the security tapes. The tapes revealed a building being set on fire with woman trapped inside, Russell trapping the woman. Chuck further explained that it was his wife. Russell murdered his wife, all the evidence Chuck needs.

"It's time I have a chat with Russell." Chuck said as he fixed his suit.

He left the suite leaving me alone with Nate. I avoided looking at him and fiddled with my fingers. I contemplated to leave as he still needed time to think. When I turned around to leave, Nate had grabbed my waist and spun me around where he pulled me into an embrace.

"Don't talk." He said softly as he held me. "I don't know what you went through but I'm here for you now. I just wished you would've told me sooner."

I couldn't keep quiet, I pulled away from him "It wasn't an easy topic to get into. I would've told you but I'm still not over it." I muttered.

"You don't need to get into details." He said genuinely.

"But you deserve to know and it's time I talk about it." I stated.

I led him to the couch and we sat down, he sat close with his hand on my knee as he looked at softly.

I took in a deep breath before I began speaking "When Jax and I found out about the pregnancy, he didn't react the way I expected him to. Considering we were coming up twenty one, he was pretty elated." I paused "I was scared but Jax was there to keep me on my toes. I didn't want to abort and with Jax there, I knew everything would be ok. A month and a half in, I woke up to pain and blood on the sheets. I knew right away what was going on and yet it took me months to recover."

"Jax and I had drifted away or from his perspective, I pushed him away and ran away. A week after we found out about the pregnancy, he had proposed and it seemed to be the right thing at the moment but I gave the ring back after. A couple months later and I came back here." I finished with a single tear streaming down my cheek.

"And so did Jax." Nate said and I nodded. Nate sighed " I'm sorry you went through that, I don't know what you went through but I'm here to get you through anything. I'll be here to dry your tears, hold you when you need it, to pick you up when you're falling apart. I'll always he here."

Looking at Nate brought warmth to my heart, I felt loved and cared for. All I thought of was that I was never going to let him go.

"And right now, it's best if we get through to Jax. He needs closure so he could move on and maybe get out of New York." Nate said, joking at the last of his words.

I cracked a small smile before it fell "He must hate me." I muttered

"Or feel deeply wounded by the one person he loves because he thought you were his forever. You both lost a baby but he also lost you." Nate said gently.

"When did you become such a counselor?" I chuckled wiping my eye.

"I've been through shit, too." He said

•••

Nate went to assist Chuck in taking down Russell while I paid a visit to Jax Grey's apartment.

I knocked on his door and he opened the door with a quizzical look.

"How did you know where I live?" He asked

"You gave me your address when you first got here." I stated with a small chuckle. "Can I come in?" I asked

He stood aside and let me into his pristine modern apartment. With Large glass windows that showed the perfect view of New York City. Everything in the apartment was perfect except for me.

"Tea?" Jax asked as he took a kettle off from the stovetop.

"Sure." I replied with a warm smile.

"It's Jasmine." Jax stated as he brewed two mugs of the tea.

"Of course, your favorite." I said with a playful eye-roll and he smiled.

His smiled dropped and he looked at me sincere "I'm sorry for being an arse earlier."

"But everything you said was true." I said

"But I shouldn't have spoken that way and I'm sorry." He said softly.

"Since you're apologizing might as well let it all out because I have many apologies for you." I said. "But my biggest apology is for leaving you alone to cope and grief after we lost our baby. I should've been there for you too but I wasn't."

"I know you were ecstatic to become a father but in the end it wasn't meant to be, not yet. Maybe it was a sign that we weren't ready, I wasn't but I was ok because I had you. I wish things were different and we would've ended differently. I still care about you and I always will but you need to go find your happiness, not me and not someone else but for you. You need to be happy and love yourself." I said, looking at Jax genuinely.

There was silence before he spoke "You're right. I thought I needed you to fill this emptiness inside me but it's not the same. We're different people now, we've changed." He smiled gently "But thank you for giving me a wonderful time with you."

"No, Thank you." I said reaching for his hand and holding it gently.

In the end, all will be mended with effort and hearts will be repaired with love. Past becomes a memory and the future becomes a goal. Love is found and dreams are made.

Our once enemies become our friends and lovers, our ex-lovers become our friends. Enmity because amiable relationships and with love, nothing can break.