VIII

008.| "You missed me" |

Morning, Upper East Siders

Morning, Upper East Siders. Hope you had a good night's sleep Or at least a good night's play.

Xoxo, Gossip girl

Stacking another pancake on top of fourteen others perfectly, Ezra smiles in triumphant and gives me 'i told you so' look.

"I think that's enough. We're going to waste just about half of these anyway." I say

"No which is why I called reinforcements." He smirks then heads to his bedroom door.

He opens the door to unleash a puppy, the puppy runs out of the room with it's ears flopping up and down. It's a Rottweiler who seems to be around 4 months.

I look at the puppy with adoration as I hop of the stool and kneel on the ground. The puppy runs to me with excitement.

"You can't have dogs in the apartment." I scold Ezra but not without a grin as I pet the puppy's head.

"That's only if the landowner finds out. Loki here doesn't make a peep. He sleeps all day." Ezra says

"Not now but he will." I say

Ezra and I ate six pancakes all together. Ezra didn't want to feed Loki of the leftovers so he refrigerated the rest for tomorrow's breakfast.

Sitting on the sofa in Ezra's living room with Loki stretched out in the middle between us, we watch the office.

Ezra laughs as Jim impersonates Dwight which is in fact funny to watch.

"Hey have you noticed that mom and dad have been a little down lately?" Ezra asks as his eyes stay glue to the T.V screen.

"Mmm,no. Dad and I played tennis yesterday and he seemed joyful." I respond

"Not when I stopped by." Ezra says 

"Maybe it was just a bad day." I say and Ezra shrugs.

O0O0O

Mom and Dad wanted to attend today's show of a Ballet performance. Since Ezra mentioned their shift in moods, I've taken noticed. Both, do in fact appear blue and even depressed but I do not know why.

I trail behind them both as they speak in monotone to each other, perhaps they need some space.

I catch a sight of Serena speaking to my business professor and Nate standing on the sidelines near a fountain. Nate looks rather ravishing in a tuxedo with his brown hair combed back and face in full sight. I've never realized how wearing a tuxedo can make someone look... alluring.