XV

015

015.| 'Snow'|

My fingers tapped along the keyboard of the cashier, typing in the price amount of the drinks.

"10 dollars even is your total." I told the women who stood before her.

As the women pulled out her wallet she said "You look familiar."

"I use to advertise for STD prevention. Such an atrocious disease." I said plainly.

It was a lie of course but she didn't know that and yet again my day hasn't been going so well.

The women gave me an odd look as she handed me a ten dollar bill. She quickly said thanks before walking away.

I chuckled to myself as my eyes remained on the cashier and I saw a new costumer come up to order.

"How may I help you?" I asked

"Is the mocha here any good?" A voice asked.

My muscles tensed recognizing the voice and knowing exactly who it was. My jaw clenched slightly as I spoke "Chuck Bass doesn't drink coffee. There's a bar around the corner."

I'm not even embarrassed knowing that Chuck is seeing me in a uniform working at a low-class coffee shop. It's not surprise to me, somehow Chuck knows everything.

"Not this corner." Chuck said.

"Shocker." I said sarcastically as I diverted my eyes to him. "What do you want?" I ask bluntly.

"A mocha." He responded simply as he raised his eyebrows.

"Small, regular, or large?" I asked apathetically.

"Regular." He responded.

"Is that all?" I asked as I typed in the mocha order.

"Yes." He said and took out a hundred dollar bill "Do you accept bills over $50?"

"I can give you change." I said plainly as I accepted the bill and exchanged it for the right amount.

"Keep the change. I know you need it more than ever." He said refusing my hand and walking away.

"Asshole." I muttered

A few minutes later, I made Chuck's mocha and delivered it to the table he was sitting in. I sat down the paper cup in front of him.

"One regular mocha. Enjoy." I said with a fake smile. It's employee policy.

"Join me" Chuck said

"I'm working." I stated in a obvious tone.

He rolled his eyes "Take a break." He said

It was as if somehow he had magical powers and forced my manager to step out from the kitchen to tell me to go on my fifteen minute break. I don't know how Chuck does it but it's pissing me off.