Prologue

(FYI every chapter will have a meme at the top 😛)

—April of 1995, Brooksmount High—

16 year old Dean Winchester walked through the halls of Brooksmount High, in search of his 12 year old brother, Samuel. It was almost time to leave the school.
Forever.
Young Dean and Sam were constantly on the road with their father, John Winchester. Since the boys' mother was murdered the night of November 2nd, 1983 by a yellow-eyed demon, John was constantly hunting the supernatural, trying to get closer to finding his wife's killer. Sam and Dean have already been put into 12 temporary schools, and it was time to add 13 to that list.
"Sammy, come on man, dad's gonna be here any minute. We gotta leave this hellhole," Dean said, searching the school. He ventured outside to the football field, where the football team had already begun their after school practice. He walked towards the bleachers in search for Sam, as his little brother would always go there after school to study.
"Sammy, we gotta go," he said, as he looked up at the top of the bleachers. He tilted his head with curiosity.

Sam sat at the very top of the bleachers, accompanied by a 14 year-old girl that Dean knew to be Y/n Y/l/n. They didn't exactly get along very well.
They were reading a book assigned for English class. Dean couldn't help but notice that his little brother had actually seemed happy for once.

Dean cleared his throat to let his presence be known. Sam and the girl looked up from the book, and when Sam locked eyes with his brother, Dean could see the happiness fade away.
"Already?" young Sam asked sadly. Dean knew he was sick and tired of moving away every time he finally found school bearable and a friend.
Dean sighed and nodded. "Dad's gonna be here any minute," he said, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jeans.
Sam sighed and closed the large book he and the girl was reading from, and handed it to her. "Sorry Y/n, I have to go," he said quietly.
The girl, "Y/n," sighed and shook her head, and set the book back on Sam's lap. "You keep it. Keep you amused on the road," she said with a slight chuckle.
Sam smiled and hugged the girl, and she hugged him back. "If we have a phone, I'll call you, okay?"
Y/n smiled and ruffled his hair. "Line is always open. See you soon, someday," she said, standing up.
Sam nodded and gathered up his books and backpack, and gave Y/n one last hug. He then walked slowly down the bleachers to join his brother.
"See ya," Dean said, nodding to Y/n. She rolled her eyes and pushed her glasses up her nose.
"Whatever," she said numbly, and walked away. Dean shrugged it off as he already decided she wasn't worth the time, and walked off to the parking lot, Sam following behind.