5

"You're gonna want to sit down," said Bobby, making his way to the lazyboy recliner and sitting down. Sam and Dean sat down in the couch next to it.
"We want answers, so get yappin'," said said Dean, eager to know what was happening. Sam nudged Dean's knee with his own to indicate for him to be quiet.
Bobby sighed and looked down at his hands, which were firmly clasped together on his lap. "What do you want to know?" he asked finally, still looking down.
Dean looked at his brother, then back at Bobby. "How long?" he asked simply.
Silence ensued the room for a good minute, until Bobby broke the silence. "Since she was a baby."
Sam sighed and Dean clenched his jaw. "You mean to tell us that you had a daughter this whole damn time, never even told us? All the times we were in your house, that hallway was off limits. And you were hiding her from us? Why?!"
Bobby shook his head. "I adopted her after working a case," he said.
Sam looked at Bobby, with his head tilted like a confused puppy. "Right after working a case? Why?" he questioned.
"What was I supposed to do? Mother slaughtered, and kidnapped by a demon! You expect me to just leave her there?! She was just a few months old!" Bobby snapped, looking at the boys.
"What would a demon want with a harmless baby?" Dean asked.
Bobby gulped and hesitating, trying to form his response carefully.
"The demon was her father, Dean."
An eerie silence took over once more as Bobby let the news sink in.
"That would explain the demon trap," said Sam.
"So you've been keeping a demon in your house? Great," Dean scoffed, earning the all too known bitch face from Sam.
"She's not a demon—" Bobby started.
"Then what the hell is she?!" Dean interrupted, his voice raised has his temper shortened
"She's half angel," Sam said quietly, looking at Bobby. "She is, isn't she? It would explain the additional Holy Fire."
Dean chuckled sarcastically. "Yeah right," he looked over at Bobby, and frowned when Bobby remained silent. "That can't happen, right?"
Bobby gulped and slowly nodded. "Her mother was an angel, father a demon," he clarified.
Dean sighed and buried his face in his hands. "Great. We find out angels are real, and now, what, demonic angels? Just great."
"Dean, come on," Sam whispered, trying to get him to be quiet.
"I'm sorry boys. I just...if your dad knew, he would have killed her. And if you guys knew, well...I couldn't take that chance. I lover her like my own child, guys," Bobby said.
Sam shook his head, understanding. "It's okay, you just wanted to protect her. It's fine. She isn't that bad, right?"
Bobby nodded. "She's helped me with finding cases before on some occasions. She hunts, too."
Dean looked up from the spot on the ground he was staring at, to Bobby. "She hunts?"
"Yep, raised her to be a hunter. Might good one, I may add," Bobby said, the slightest bit of pride in his voice.
Dean slowly nodded. "And she's not at all worried about the demon-angel part?"
Bobby shook his head. "She's pretty human for her kind. But the demon helps sometimes; getting info outta demons, tracking them. Great at closing deals, but she's not cruel like crossroads demons. She's pretty straightforward an honest, but I think thats the angel talking."
Sam suddenly started chuckling at something he thought. "What's yo with you?" Dean asked, confused.
Sam looked at Dean, grinning slightly. "So she apparently really does think you're a total prick."
Dean rolled his eyes and looked at the hall he last saw Y/n run off to. He then turned to Bobby. "Can we talk to her? Just wanna get it straight that we aren't gonna kill her or anything."
Bobby looked down the hall, clearly hesitant. "I guess."
Sam was just about to stand up, when Dean sat him back down. "I got this," he stated.
Sam shook his head. "She hates you, man. Might not be the best idea you've had," he said.
Dean rolled his eyes. "Just chill, okay?" He stood up and stretched, then walked down the hall.
Arriving at a door at the end of the hallway, Dean tapped lightly on the door. "Y/n? You in there?" he called.
He heard brief shuffling from inside the room, then silence. "Come to shoot me with the Colt? Bet you would like that," Y/n said grumpily, as she hugged her knees to her chest, sitting on her bed. She traced invisible circles on the soft forest-green blanket.
Dean sighed and leaned on the door. "Just checking on you," he said.
Y/n scoffed, tucking a strand of hair behind her left ear. "Yeah, sure."
"I'm serious, Y/n. We have nothing against you. Can I come in?" Dean asked.
There was silence, then the sound of fabric sliding against fabric, shuffling, and the sound of a lock opening. The door opened slightly and Y/n peeked her head out to look at Dean. "Keep the knife and Colt outside," she ordered.
Dean sighed and turned out his pockets, showing there was nothing there. Reluctantly, Y/n opened the door for him and walked back to her bed, lying down with her knees pulled to her chest, back facing him.
The hunter and the half-demon remained in awkward silence for the majority of the time, unsure of what to say or do.
"So...you want to uh...you want to talk about it?" Dean asked, looking over at the curled up Y/n.
Y/n shook her head. "What's there to talk about? I'm half demon, half angel. Even the things y'all hunt think something like me would be abnormal," she sighed.
Dean shook his head, twiddling his thumbs as he looked down at his hands. "Well if it helps, I don't think it's that bad."
"Shut up."
Dean looked at Y/n, a bit appalled at her response. "Excuse me?"
Y/n rolled her eyes and turned to face him. "Just cut the bullshit, Winchester. I don't want your damn pity, or anyone else's," she scoffed. "And stop acting like you actually give a crap, because you and I both know that at the end of the day, you're a hunter and I am one of those things that are hunted. So just. . .leave me alone, 'kay?"
The hunter stared at her with an expression of shock. She used to be such a quiet, reserved, kind-hearted girl. But not anymore: she was almost a completely different person.
"Okay then," he said simply, standing up. "And by the way." He turned to face Y/n. "I actually do 'give a crap' about this whole...thing. Just because I was a jerk when we were kids doesn't mean I'm a horrible person in general. Like you said, people change." Dean then turned and walked out of her room, leaving Y/n to her own thoughts.

Dean stepped into the living room, and Sam stood up, looking at him expectantly. "Well?" Sam asked.
Dean shrugged and looked at Bobby. "She seems a bit...I don't know. She doesn't wanna talk," he said.
"Maybe I should go—" Sam started, already heading to the hallway, until Dean held his arm out in front of Sam to stop him. "What?" Sam asked, looking at Dean.
"Its best for her to be left alone to calm down a bit. She should hopefully be okay in a while," Dean stated.
Bobby scoffed at Dean's sudden sense of empathy. "Since when do you care, especially knowing she's part demon and all?"
Dean looked between Bobby and Sam, and it was clear the two thought the same thing. "What, I can't be a decent person for once?" Dean scoffed.
His brother and Bobby remained silent as they thought of a response. "Nevermind," said Bobby.
"Okay then," Dean said, walking off.
Sam waited until Dean was gone before turning to Bobby. "Okay, what the he'll was that about?"
Bobby shook his head, clearly as baffled as Sam. "Believe me, I'm as surprised as you are," he replied, both men very caught off and confused with the small bit of caring that was apparently deep inside Dean.