9

Y/n and Dean spend much of the evening drinking away at a bar down the road, halfway to entirely drunk. Dean laughed at a corny joke Y/n made up.

"See, I knew you're not all that bad, Winchester," Y/n said, her speech slightly slurred as she slurped her third beer.

Dean smiled and leaned back in his seat. "What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, smirking slightly. Though drunk, he was still sober enough to speak right and think straight.

Y/n shrugged, and rested her head on the wooden table. "When we were kids, you were, no offense, but a really crappy dude," she slurred, accompanied with the tiniest hiccup.

Dean rolled his eyes and twirled a strand of her hair around his fingers. "Wow, thanks."

Y/n grinned and chuckled. "But now you're like...like."

"Like?" Dean asked.

"Like, nice and stuff. Fun to be around. Huggable."

Dean laughed and stopped playing with her hair. "I am NOT huggable," he replied.

"Yes you are," she said, taking his hand in hers and pulling it towards her, then hugging his arm as she rested her head on it.

Dean sighed and rolled his eyes, and picked up his beer with his free hand, and drank the last bit.

"You know, I always liked you better than Sammy," she said, yawning.

"That so?" he asked, looking down at her.

"Mhm. Sam's too...boring," Y/n slurred, chuckling.

Dean chuckled and put his free hand in her hair, lightly stroking it away from her face. "Very true," he said with a slight smile.

Y/n nodded. "And plus, you're waaaaaaay handsomer than him. Like...yeah," she hiccuped.

Dean chuckled and shook his head, still stroking her soft h/c hair. "Well, thanks."

"Mhm," she hummed. After remaining silent for a while, she spoke up again. "You know, I always liked you, Dean."

With those words, Dean's hand stopped stroking her hair as he froze completely. He slowly looked down at her. "You like me?"

Y/n nodded. "Since we were wee lil' teenage kiddos. But I knew it wouldn't happen, so I just let it be," she said, singing the last three words as though she were singing the Beatles song.

Dean finally took a breath after what seemed like forever, and drank down yet another beer. "Uh, ok," he said, unsure of how to form his words.

Y/n yawned and hugged his arm tighter, and closed her eyes; she was falling asleep. "Can we go home now?" she mumbled, her face pressed against Dean's flannel-covered forearm.

Snapping out of a daze, Dean nodded. "Yeah, Yeah sure," he said, standing up. Walking  over to her side of the table, he reached down and scooped Y/n up easily in his arms, and she wrapped her arms around his neck as she rested her head against his chest. Dean sighed and carried her carefully outside, to the Impala. After gently setting her down in the front passenger seat, he got into the driver's seat. As soon as he clicked on his seatbelt, Y/n slid her head onto his shoulder, half asleep.

The two sat in the car in pure silence for quite some time, before Dean looked over at her. she had now rested her head on his lap, and was seemingly asleep. Hesitating, Dean brushed the hair away from her ear so she could hear him.

"Y/n," Dean whispered into her ear, checking if she was awake.

"Hmm," Y/n hummed, shifting in his lap to get more comfortable.

Dean gulped and took a deep breath, his heart hammering in his chest. After much hesitation, he leaned down to her ear. 

"I love you."

Y/n smiled as much as a half asleep person could, and hugged Dean's knee. With a nod, she quietly fell asleep peacefully. Dean sighed with relief and turned the car on, and pulled out of the parking lot, heading back to Bobby's.