2

—Many years later—

Zombies. Everywhere.
Sam was able to scramble away from the undead lawyer in the nick of time, it's sharp nails narrowly missing his chest. He rolled on the ground and quickly shot back up, pulled out his gun, and shot the dead man in the head, watching as it fell in a dead heap.
"Move!" came the yelling voice of Dean, as he shoved his brother out of the way. Three gunshots rang in the air, and the three remaining zombies fell to the ground with bullet holes in their heads, finally dead.
"Sorry 'bout that," said Dean, offering his hand to his brother, who lay on his back on their ground. Sam took it, and Dean pulled him up to his feet.
"That was...a lot," Sam chuckled, as he slowly spun in a circle, surveying the room. The finally dead bodies of the undead littered the room.
"Let's get out of here; it smells like rotten eggs and jock straps in here," said Dean, stuffing his gun in his pocket and walking off, gesturing for his brother to follow him outside. They made their way into fresh air, got in the jet black '67 Impala, and drove away, eager to leave the horrific scene.

—Time Skip—

"Oh come on, you have to agree that Deborah Michaels was pretty damn hot back then," Dean said, recalling memories of one of his times in a temporary school as he sipped his beer.
Sam stared at him in shock. "She slept with half the guys on the basketball team!" Sam shouted at him, but only loud enough for his brother to hear. He couldn't help but chuckle at Dean.
"Whatever. Ummmmmm Jazmyn Keller," Dean said, placing a straw on the table and flicking it as it rolled back and forth on the hardwood surface.
Sam was about to say something witty, but caught himself. "Okay maybe a little."
Dean laughed. "Seriously? She was one of the lamest people I met. And too much of a goody-two-shoes," he retorted, rolling his eyes.
"What do you have against the smart ones? I don't get it," Sam chuckled, raising an eyebrow.
"I don't know," Dean said, shrugging and chugging down the last bit of beer. "But."
"But?" Sam asked.
Dean looked back at the bar and smirked. "But, you know who's hot? That right there," he said, gesturing over his shoulder.
Sam looked at where he was pointing; a woman at the bar, maybe in her mid-twenties.
Sam rolled his eyes. "It's always the bartender," he mumbled.
Dean looked back at the woman and back to his brother, licking his bottom lip. "Fifty bucks says she and I get outta here for a hell of a night," he betted with a smirk.
"You're seriously gonna make a bet on whether you have sex tonight?" Sam scoffed. "Not in."
"100 bucks then," Dean said.
Sam looked over at his brother, and thought about it. "Okay, work your magic Mr Expert."
Dean grinned and took a swig from his brother's beer, and made his way to the bar. Sam rolled his eyes and went on studying from his father's journal.
Dean sat in a barstool towards the middle of the bar table, a seat away from two other men. He yawned and whistles to get the bartender's attention. The girl rolled her eyes and made her way over to him.
"What's it gonna be, buddy," she said smoothly, pushing a few stray strands of hair from her eyes and setting her elbows on the table.
"Two beers, please," he said.
The girl tilted her head and chuckled. "Yeah I think you had like what, three already?"
Dean rolled his eyes. "Well maybe I'm not drunk yet."
"Or maybe you're too drunk to even realize that you are drunk," she retorted, though she went over to a fridge and pulled out too beers, sliding them across the table to the man.
"Thanks, gorgeous" said Dean, as he downed half one of the bottles.
The girl was just about to walk away when Dean called over to her again.
"What now?" she asked.
"I just have a quick question. Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?" he asked with a sly smile.
The girl sighed and forced a fake smile. "Not really, but I was a bit sore after crawling outta hell," she replied. Seeing as Dean couldn't say anything, she smirked and went over to a woman to take her order.
Sam slumped into the barstool next to his brother. "I was thinking you would have gained 100 bucks about now."
"Shut up," said Dean.
Sam chuckled and shook his head. "Watch this," he said. He looked over to the bartender, and said "Uh ma'am?" The girl looked over at him and broke off her conversation with a woman, and made her way to him.
"What can I get ya?" she said, with a small smile.
"Root beer please," he said.
The girl nodded and walked over to where the bar held all the different drinks. She poured root beer into a keg and gently set it in front of him. "There ya go, enjoy," she said.
Sam took a sip of the beer and sighed with delight. "Now that is by far the best root beer I have ever had!" he said, smiling at the bartender.
"Made at my dad's brewery," she said, returning his smile.
Sam nodded. "Would it be alright if I got your number? I might want some more of this stuff," he said, gesturing to his keg of root beer.
She nodded and grabbed a napkin from a shelf and a pen from her pockets, and wrote down a phone number, along with the name "Y/n" at the top.
"Y/n, what a beautiful name," Sam said, looking at the name and number neatly written on the napkin and back at the girl.
The bartender blushed ever so slightly, and nodded curtly. "Thanks. You know, I feel like I know you from somewhere."
Sam tilted his head and thought about it. "You know, me too. You look really familiar."
"I get that a lot. Mostly from loser guys trying to hook up," she said. "But you're pretty nice. You remind me of a kid I knew from high school. Real nerd though." She covered her mouth in shock. "I am so sorry I didn't mean it in like a bad—"
"It's fine, chill. I am a bit of a nerd anyway," Sam reassured her, chuckling.
Dean frowned slightly and looked at he ground. Y/n...how do I remember that name? And Sam..."No way!" he shouted, out of the blue.
The girl tilted her head to look at the man. "What's got your dick in a knot?" she asked. Sam laughed.
"Can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?" Dean asked his brother.
Sam shrugged and looked back at the girl. "I'll be right back," he said, before Dean dragged him to where they were out of earshot.
"Thanks for stealing my shot," Dean said.
Sam rolled his eyes. "You're seriously messed up. What do you want?"
"Doesn't she look familiar to you? Like, too familiar?" Dean asked.
Sam looked at the girl and thought about it, and the boys remained in silence for a good 30 minutes while they thought it over. Suddenly, Sam's eyes widened as he looked over to his brother. "Y/n?!"
Dean nodded. "I think so," he said and looked back over at her. "Damn she got real hot along the years..." he trailed off as his mind wandered to other things.
Sam slapped him upside the head. "That's probably my best friend you're talking about," he retorted. "I need to check," he said, and ran back to the bar, his brother following.

Y/n was wiping a wet glass with a towel and looked up when the two guys came back. "Thought you abandoned me there, muchacho," she said to Sam, with a smile.
Sam chuckled nervously and looked at the ground, and back at her. "Totally random question: what high school did you go to?"
Y/n frowned and set the glass down. "That is a random question. Brooksmount," she said.
Sam's jaw practically dropped, staring. "It is you..."
Y/n chuckled nervously. "Um, excuse me?"
"Sam." he said.
"What?" she asked.
Sam genuinely smiled. "It's me, Y/n. It's Sam. Sam Winchester?"
Y/n stayed blank but stared in shock after a few seconds. "Oh my god, Sammy!" she shouted, and hopped over the bar and hugged him tightly.
Sam laughed and hugged her back. "It's been way too long," he said.
Y/n pulled away and smiled. "Damn you've grown, kid! I'm gonna start calling you Sasquatch from now on," she joked.
Dean laughed. "Sasquatch."
Y/n paused and turned to look at Dean, then at Sam, and back at Dean. "No way."
"Hi Y/n, long time no see," Dean said awkwardly.
"Shut up, I hate you. I only put up with you for Sammy," she snapped.
Dean and Y/n never got along in high school, as Dean was constantly teasing her and pranking her every second he got. Overall, he made her life hell.
"I guess hots ain't everything; still same old you," he snapped back.
Sam decided to step in before it got too heated. "So, Y/n, you look great," he said.
"Thanks Sam, so do you," she replied with a grin, and ruffled his hair. "Still got amazing hair."
Dean rolled his eyes at the two, and Sam smiled. "Well, some things don't change." He looked at the customers at the bar. "We'll let you get back to work, 'kay?"
Y/n nodded. "My shift ends soon, so y'all can stick around. Order whatever you guys want; for you it's on the house," she said, patting Sam's shoulder and glaring at Dean. "You're welcome, dickhead."
Dean scoffed and stayed silent, eating a judging look from Sam. "We'll see you later, yeah?"
"Yep. Its great to see you Sammy," she smiled. She then went back over to take more orders, and Sam decided that he and Dean get dinner at the bar.