I- What If

"She'll always be my biggest what if..."

⍦ ⍦ ⍦

Imagine: Leo never found Calypso's island. Instead, he crash landed on a real deserted island, scrounged up what he needed, and got back safely. Calypso remained alone and untouched on Ogygia, still heartbroken and bitter about Percy Jackson, and even more so about Annabeth Chase. Percy and Annabeth had fallen into Tartarus, and every day since, Percy remember the encounter he had with the arai and the curse of Calypso. His heart hurt for the poor girl on Ogygia, trapped for millennias. When he realizes the gods have not acted upon her, he decides to himself. After grieving the betrayal of his love Annabeth, Percy decides to leave camp and find his strongest desire. He then washes up on Ogygia.

⍦ ⍦ ⍦

Percy's Point of View

I threw another stone into the creek, and continued counting.

345, 346...

I sighed. My anger still hadn't worn off. Instead, the extreme measures of anger had turned into excruciating measures of pain. I bowed my head and began to sob, as my heart felt like a brick in my chest. "Love and death aren't much different..." I said under my breath, remembering what Thanatos had told me a year ago.

I shook my head. If this is heartbreak- which it is- I don't understand how anybody can survive one, much less five or six. My heart suddenly hurt even more for Taylor Swift.

I heaved myself up, managing a slight smile at my mental joke, but it quickly faded. I stumbled through the North woods, praying just to make it back to my cabin without collapsing. I hadn't just lost my girlfriend... I'd lost my best friend. A part of me. My everything. Everything I had done for her... and now she's gone.

I'd never expected her to leave me like this. I looked at the grey diamond ring in my palm, and closed my fingers. Angrily, I turned and threw it into the river.

"She promised she'd always be here," I yelled at nobody. "Always by my side. I guess things change, right?"

Finally, the entrance out of the woods lingered ahead.

Now you know how heartbreak feels, misery's voice seemed to taunt me in my head. Anger swirled within me, like an angry current.

I arrived at the Poseidon cabin, and when I turned, I saw her at the door of the Athena cabin watching me. Angrily, I quickly turned the other way to hide my teary face, and shoved open the cabin door bitterly.

I inhaled the sea breeze as I stepped into my cabin, and looked around. I sat down on my bed, my hands in my hair. "Why..." I muttered aimlessly. "Why, why, why, why?" I demanded. "Curse love!"

I expected Aphrodite to turn me into a Valentine's Day Card or something, but she didn't.

I will never be with anybody else.

My love life is over.

Over. For good.

Nobody else.

I will never love anybody else.

I looked around my empty cabin, which was as empty as I felt.

I sighed.

Ω Ω Ω

I saw her 5 more times that day, and had to leave to keep myself from breaking down.

I could tell she felt bad, and I understood it wasn't her fault. She can't control when she falls in or out of love, but I was still bitter, and angry at her.

After 2 weeks of seeing her 7 and 8 times a day, looking so happy, I couldn't take it anymore. She was even in my dreams. I knew I had to get away.

I packed my bags- clothes and toiletries, plenty of Golden drachma, some mortal money, and my Minotaur horn. The bare necessities. With that, I left my cabin and walked up to the Big House.

"Chiron," I said. "I'm leaving."

"Very well..." Chiron said sadly. His deep brown eyes showed concern, but I ignored it.

On the way out, I caught a glimpse of my reflection. My hair was slightly longer, my eyes were tired, with bags under them. I walked across the Camp borders, my fingers clutching Riptide. I had nowhere to go and nothing to do. I just started walking.