Epilogue Part 3

Calypso

It was all ready.

The bells were ringing.

The bridesmaids were filing in.

The room was filled with people I loved.

(And my soul mate, as well.)

The white moonlace flowers were strewn all over the floor perfectly.

I was in a glistening white gown, with a trail longer than I ever could have dreamed of, a bouquet of white roses in my hands, with a Crystal veil and my Prince Charming waiting for me. The gigantic bronze doors slid open, and I began my ascent up the aisle.

A beautiful symphony played, and gorgeous white columns decorated in vines with colorful flowers sparkled in the light coming from the door. Floor to ceiling Greek style windows lit the room up brightly.

I walked slowly, falling in perfect step behind my bridesmaids. Everybody was craning their neck to see me. I tried not to smile too hard, as I put my shoulders back and maintained my posture. Still, I couldn't believe what was happening. I was getting married. After thousands of years...

As the bridesmaids began turning to the side to take their places, I saw him.

Standing in a black tux with a blue tie stood Perseus.

Perseus.

Percy.

My husband.

To be.

But whatever.

I carefully walked up the steps, careful not to trip over my dress in my heels, and finally stood face to face with him for the first time that morning. He smiled, and whispered, "you look so beautiful."

I smiled back at him, and said. "This is everything I could've ever dreamed of."

"I'm so glad," he said, the happiness radiating off of his beautiful sea green eyes like sunlight.

The symphony stopped playing and everybody took a seat. I could not believe it. My wedding was beginning. My wedding.

That I've been waiting for for thousands of years.

The ceremony began.

"If anybody has any objections, speak now or forever hold your peace."

I looked around the room, the gigantic building that has floor to ceiling windows, ginormous columns decorated with silk and flowers, red velvet carpet, flowing fabric, and a fountain at the back. Everybody in the seats was silent, much to my relief. I turned to look back at Percy, and I saw his easygoing smile. Of course, he was always laid back. He was so carefree, it could drive my crazy sometimes. Still, even after all this time, that troublemaker smile lights up my world.

"Bring in the rings."

Hermes walked over with a fluffy red velvet pillow. Sitting gently on the top were 2 rings.

"Please join hands."

I looked at Percy.

He smiled at me, before taking my hands. I felt electricity his touch, and goosebumps traced my arms. I shuddered. Still, after all this time, he can do this to me.

He gave me an odd look, and I shook my head to tell him it was nothing.

Percy and I took the rings off of the pillow carefully, and Hermes bowed and retreated.

We put the rings on each other. Mine was a golden band with a sea green diamond, and his was a golden band with a silver diamond.

"Remember this moment here on."

I admired the dazzling ring as it caught the sunlight and sparkled like a disco light. As if reading my mind, Percy nodded and gave me a wide grin. I just hoped he wouldn't lose his in the ocean, or doing something dumb. Knowing him, he wouldn't have it 2 hours from now.

"Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

There was a grave silence, but I didn't have to think twice.

"I do."

"And Perseus, do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Percy looked me in the eye.

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride."