Epilogue Part 2

IN HONOR OF 1K READS, I'VE DECIDED TO DO ANOTHER EPILOGUE! Thank you so much for the support!

•••

Percy

As my domains suggested, I spent much time going between Camp Half-Blood and Camp Jupiter. A palace was built for me under the sea, as my other domain was for the tides.

Calypso and I have been inseparable.

Tonight, I'm going to propose to her.

"Alright Percy," Annabeth said, gripping my shoulders. "Good luck. You look great."

I looked down at my grey polo shirt and khaki shorts. I'd let Annabeth fix my hair and pick out my outfit, considering she was a girl and knew what girls liked.

I'd invited Calypso to a walk on the beach at 7. It was now 5:30, and Annabeth and I were going over our perfect date plan. Calypso didn't realize there was going to be a candle lit dinner and a proposal on the agenda.

Annabeth and I quickly walked down the beach to make sure everything was properly set up.

Rose petals, white cloths, candles that smelled like coconuts, and calm tides. It reminded me of our first nights on Ogygia, only more romantic. A blanket was laid out a few yards away so we could watch the stars later. With it being summer, the sun was still high in the sky. I planned to propose to her right at sunset.

"This is perfect," Annabeth noted.

"Of course," I agreed. "It was your plan."

"Oh, whatever," Annabeth rolled her eyes playfully, but I could tell she secretly enjoyed the praise. "Alright. Let's go talk to Chiron."

We walked to the Big House. Chiron greeted me with a slight bow, to which I shot him a look.

"Sorry, Lord Perse-"

"Chiron." I corrected.

"Sorry, Percy," Chiron laughed.

"I came to talk about some new installments in the camp," I said. We began talking about ways to improve hero training.

An hour later, I was ready for my date. Annabeth and I walked to the top of the beach where Calypso and I would meet.

I waited patiently overlooking the surf. It was almost 7.

"Percy?" Called a voice. I smiled as I recognized it, and turned around.

"Ca-Calypso?" My jaw dropped. She was wearing a flowy white dress with gold trim, with her hair braided with a feather. She was wearing light makeup, and her face looked soft and natural. Around her waist, a golden cord hung. She was wearing something similar to the day I first met her. She looked amazing. "You look amazing."

Calypso blushed. "I could say the same about you, Lord Perseus."

I rolled my eyes, and took her hand. "I have a surprise for you."

We walked down the beach, until the glowing table came into view.

"What's this?" Calypso asked.

"My surprise- well, part of it," I smiled, approaching the table, and pulling out her chair for her.

"Percy, this is so sweet," Calypso laughed, a huge smile on her face. Some soft Greek music came to life as we sat down to eat. Of course the food was served magically. The sea breeze softly blew through Calypsos hair. We laughed and talked. Finally, at 8:00, the sun began to set.

I got up and walked into the surf about ankle deep. I motioned for Calypso to follow and she hesitantly stood and walked up to me.

"What is it?" She asked, staring apprehensively.

"Look," I said, and pointed to the distance. On cue, blue and green fireworks shot into the sky. I smirked. The Hephaestus kids came in right on time.

In the sky, the fireworks formed into sparkling images of our memories. Me crash landing on her island the first time, me leaving, me returning, and me staying. Our first kiss, our hugs, our night talks, the times we chased each other around the island, us building a huge island mansion, all played out before us. Calypso gasped and put her hands to her face as a tear ran down her cheek. I beamed up at the fireworks, and then stood watching them together with her. Dolphins jumped in the distance.

Finally, when the show was over and silence had overcome us, I turned to her.

"Calypso," I said. "We've been through so much. After all of this... I think it's time to vow that we stay together forever." I got on one knee in the surf and her eyes widened. "Will you make me the happiest man alive, and marry me?"

She stared at me, and then nodded. "Yes." She said and tackled me. We kissed in the surf.