XII- Annabeth

Percy

"Annabeth." I said.

Everybody parted like the Red Sea. There was silence. Nobody moved.

"...Percy...?" She asked. She looked me up and down, as if she didn't believe what she was seeing.

"Annabeth." It came out colder than I intended.

Silence.

"You've gotten taller." She said. "You look stronger. What happened?"

"I suppose I've grown in many ways." I said shortly.

"I suppose you have." She decided.

She took a step forward.

And then all at once, we stepped toward each other quickly and embraced each other.

"Percy, I was worried," she said, and a tear fell onto my shoulder. I hugged her tightly, but I didn't mean it in that way.

"I'm sorry I disappeared with no explanation," I said.

"Don't ever do that again," she sobbed. I hugged her and rubbed her back.

"It's okay, I'm here, I'm here," I laughed.

"You cut your hair shorter," she laughed.

Not by much, but about an inch shorter. I thought it made me look older. After all, I wasn't the same. I felt 10 years older, mentally, emotionally, physically after Annabeth left me. Suddenly, I had been spouting poetry under the stars with Calypso while we talked about our past heartbreaks, our feelings, and what hurt us.

"I... yeah." I said weakly.

"You look tired... what have you been doing?" She asked.

"Oh... you know. For once, I found peace. No monsters. But before that, I had some close calls. I admitted.

"I've been meaning to tell you," she said. "I... think I made a mistake."

I stopped, and pulled away from our hug. "You what?"

"I..." Annabeth sighed. "I still have feelings for you."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry, I..."

Everybody looked at us, as if waiting for the world to collapse.

Silence.

"Where have you been?" She asked finally, as if she understood.

"On Ogygia." I said. "With Calypso."