XIV- Olympus

Percy

"Percy Jackson," boomed Zeus' voice as I stepped in. Lady Athena rose into her giant form and walked across the room to sit on her throne.

"Lord Zeus," I managed to choke out.

"Perseus," he echoed. He nodded at me. "Proceed."

I walked forward and kneeled in the center of the room, nodding at all the Olympians.

"Now," Zeus said. "We have been notified of your whereabouts on the island of Ogygia with Calypso." Out of the corner of my eye I saw Annabeth, but I resisted the urge to turn to her and kept my focus on Zeus. "Furthermore," Zeus said. "She is an immortal. When you free her, that will not change. However... in a generous offer... we have allowed you a chance to become an immortal as well, to live forever with Calypso, assuming you free her from her island and profess your feelings to her."

"Do you love Calypso?" Spoke Athena. I turned and looked at her, and then looked at all the Olympians, then lastly, my eyes fell on Annabeth.

"I won't lie..." I muttered.

"I'd hope not. We'd blast you." Hermes said before I could finish.

"I wasn't done..." I said, shooting him a joking look. "I won't lie... I do have feelings for Calypso."

Annabeth and I stared at each other across the room. A grave silence spread over the Olympians, and then they all began talking amongst themselves, arguing in a calm manner. Annabeth met my eyes, nodded slowly and looked down, before she walked away.

"Annabeth." I called, but she ignored me and pushed ahead beyond the throne room and out the door.

It might be rude to up and leave the Olympians in the middle of a council, but...

When have I ever listened?

I walked straight out of the throne room leaving them in silence.

"Annabeth!" I yelled once the door closed behind me. She stopped this time. "Annabeth, we need to talk."

She turned, and I saw tears streaking her face. "I understand. It's okay, we don't have to talk about it."

"No," I argued. "I want to talk to you. I want to be friends. I don't want to be those exes that never speak. We were best friends before we were dating."

"This is all my fault." Annabeth said. "If I hadn't have-"

"Annabeth." I interrupted her. "It's me, not you. I just want to be friends. Don't blame yourself."

Annabeth stared at me, her eyes so stormy I thought she'd turn into Zeus' kid and strike me down with electricity.

"Okay..." she finally said shakily under her breath.

I pulled her into a hug. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, Percy," Annabeth replied. "Are you coming back to Camp Half-Blood?"

I thought for a moment, and looked around. The city looked as beautiful as ever, floating above Manhattan.

"Maybe we will..." I said. "I don't know."

"I want to see you again," Annabeth said. "We never settled our score, our old competition. Our sword fighting is tied, 33-33. I have to break the tie and beat you, seaweed brain."

I smiled up at her. "Alright, Chase."

"Ahem." Called a deep gravely voice. My eyes widened, and I looked at Annabeth. She stared up at the towering figure above me. I turned and looked up at my father, relieved to see it wasn't Zeus.

"Father," I said.

"My son." Poseidon shrank to his human form. "We're waiting in the throne room for your decision."

"My decision?" I asked.

"We'd like to make you an Olympian." Poseidon replied. "And Annabeth, you as well. For your service in the 2 great prophecies and wars."

Annabeth and I gaped at him, before exchanging glances.

"Now we get to have an eternal competition." Annabeth smirked.

"I'm down."

"Let's do it."

•••

My domains were the tides, heroes, loyalty, and swordsmanship.

Annabeth's was weaponry, architecture, and being balanced and headstrong. Headstrength, is that a word?

She got mad when I called her a knockoff Athena, and punched me. I then flashed to Ogygia.

"Calypso," I walked up to her smiling, but when I greeted her, I saw she was sobbing. "Calypso."

"Percy," Calypso cried as she embraced me. "You have to go. You can't stay with me."

"Stay with you? Of course I'm staying with you." I said.

"No," Calypso whispered. "You don't belong here."

I looked around. "No, we don't belong here. I'm freeing you." I pulled away, still keeping her in my arms, and looked her in the eyes. "Calypso, I love you."

There was a short meaningful silence, until she crashed into me, tackling me, and kissing me. "I love you too, kelp head." She said happily. Around us, the island shook, and a barrier of magic split open in a shower of golden and blue light, breaking the darkness of the night sky.

"Let's go to Camp Half-Blood," I smiled at her. "I'm an immortal, meant to train heroes."

"What?" She asked.

I told her of what happened at Mount Olympus.

"Oh my gosh, Percy!" She said, hugging me even tighter.

"Let's get out of here, beautiful." I said.