Chapter 2: Kryptonian girl (Mon-el)

I grabbed my gun from a foot away and fired. Nicks gun fell out his hands and landed on the ground. His body after. I dropped my gun and stood up. The shot went right through his throat. I couldn't believe what I had just done, my hands were bloody. From who's blood, I don't know. I sank to my knees. What did I do! I stared at Nicks motionless body lying perfectly still on the ground. I felt a lump in my throat, I wanted to cry. But instead I shut his eye lids and stood up.
     The girl was still lying on the ground. I walked over to her. She had blonde hair and her eyes were like the sky. She stood up and wiped her hands on her dirty pants. We locked eyes and I couldn't take mine away from hers. I was motionless staring into her mysterious eyes, frozen. She looked away and looked at Nicks dead body and back at me. She started backing away then ran away down the ally. "Wait! Wait! I'm not going to hurt you just wait!" I ran after her but the fog hid her and I couldn't tell which corner she took at the end of the ally. So I turned and went back to the kryptonian tower where all the soldiers met back.
     I took my time on the way back. I hated seeing all the dead bodies on the way back. it hurt me. I hated war, I didn't believe anyone who didn't deserve to die should die. But I never told anyone that because on Daxam as a soldier and prince my father and everyone excepted me to be like them. Ruthless and heartless. But I wasn't.
     I walked into the doors and watched as everyone stared at me. "Your dad wants you in the ship." Someone said. I didn't stop to see who, I just left straight for the ship.
     "Mon-el hi." My father said calmly.
     "Hi father, why did you want me." I asked. He motioned toward a locked door and walked over to it and opened it. I heard a muffled scream when the door was opened and looked in.
     It was her! A towel was wrapped around her mouth and two guards were standing there with her. She was in cuffs on her ankles and wrists sitting in a chair. She wasn't fighting or moving and only made noise when one of the guards hurt her. "Father what did you do." I asked.
     "Shoot her." His voice was calm but harsh as he handed me the gun and nodded toward her.
     "Why?"
     "YOU IDIOT JUST SHOOT HER!" I jumped a little after he yelled. My hands shaking I gripped the gun.
     "But why, what did she do?"
     "My son, you should listen to your father. He knows what's best."
    "But—"
     "Mon-el. Nickolas is dead. Everyone believes she did it because she was running out the ally. But I know you killed him. Now kill the girl and everyone will know for sure the Prince didn't kill his partner for a kryptonian!" My father always ended up getting what he wanted. He was the king of Daxam, rich and proud. I looked at him and remembered Nicks lifeless body.
     "Father I'm sorry—." I started
     "Mon-el kill the girl. She's just like the others. A kryptonian. Kill her!" His voice was full of disgust as he said kryptonian. I shook my head and looked at the girl again.
     "Father I can't." I said dropping the gun. It slid across the floor and hit the wall.
     "MON-EL!" He shook his head. "Your a disgrace." He pulled a gun out his pants and aimed it at her.
     "WAIT! I'll do it, just...get out." I said looking away. He nodded and motioned to the guards to leave.
      "Three minutes. I wanna hear a gun shot." He left, the huge metal door shutting behind him. I looked at the girl, her eyes full of fear she looked back at me.
      "What's your name?" I asked walking slowly over to her and removing the towel. She didn't say anything she just looked over at the gun on the floor. "I don't want to kill you, I would have already. I'm not like these people. I don't like killing people. I only do it because of my father, I hate it. I really do. Seeing people drop to the ground because of me, I can hardly sleep at night." I looked down at the ground and wiped my tears."
     "My name is Kara." She said looking up. I looked up, my eyes fixed on her face. She was beautiful. I couldn't kill her, I couldn't let her die.
     "Let's go," I said. I cracked open the door and looked outside. My father was talking to the guards a few feet away.
     "How can we leave, it's impossible." She said. "I'm all in cuffs."
     "I'll shoot the cuffs on your ankles." I said picking up the gun. I shot it and the cuffs broke.
     "Thanks." She said standing up. I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I felt a tingle in my chest and my stomach flipped. I smiled and blushed a little. "Yeah, um. No problem." I wiped my sweaty hands on my pants and opened the door again. My father was coming.
     "Mon-el, I heard the shot, well done. Let's go." He started pushing the door open some more.
     "Thank you." I said coming out the room through the cracked door. He motioned to the guards to get her body. "It's ok, I shot her. I'll dispose of the body." I said. He nodded.
    "Meet me and your mother upstairs in the dining room after."
     "Ok I will." I said returning back to the room. Kara was waiting by the door with her hands still in the cuffs. "Let's go." I said.