Chapter 5: Earth (kara)

The ship flew out into space, I could finally see the stars. It was beautiful. Mon-el lay by my side, we were so close his body warmed mine and I my sweaty palms wet his. I looked over at him, and he looked at me I laughed of relief and wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him the biggest hug I had given anyone in so long. "What was that for?" He asked.
     "If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be out here. Away from Krypton. I know it's cheesy but you saved my life." A tear dropped down my cheek and Mon-el wiped it away.
     "I would save you any time Kara." He said.
     "And I'm sorry you had to leave your family behind and—." I started.
     "I'm glad I did, don't apologize."
     "Ok." I said. I smiled and lay down on his chest. It was warm and I felt safe for once in a really long time.
     "Kara," Mon-el said. "I have to tell you something."
     "What is it?" I asked. Then out of no where blinking red lights came on again. Ship out of power. Ship out of power. It repeated it over and over. I sat up as much as I could.
     "Mon-el what do we do!" I was panicking again. He sat up and looked at the screen.
    "There's nothing we can do." The ship started dropping. My stomach dropped to and my ears popped. The engine caught fire and the flame was growing up the little ship we were in. Which wasn't even a ship. It was a pod. So small it would burst into flames so easily. I held Mon-els hand tightly and shut my eyes. The beeping filled my ears and the heat of the flame was close, I could feel it. "Kara look!" Mon-el yelled. I opened my eyes and looked in front me. There was a planet, one I'd never seen before and we were plummeting straight toward it. It was mostly blue, water I imagined but I had never seen that planet before.
     "What planet is that?" I yelled over the beeping then it stopped and we were just falling. The pod was completely out of power.
     "Earth. I remember learning about it in school when I was younger." Mon-el said.
      "Will we have our powers there?"
      "Yes." He said looking behind him. The flame was closer. "Hold on!" He yelled. We were almost there. The flame grew and grew as we got closer and closer to Earth. We were in the atmosphere now. I could see tall buildings and I got a glimpse of a big ship, way bigger than ours in the sky. It had wings like a bird and glided through the sky until it got smaller and smaller. Farther away from us and we got farther away form it. "Break the window!" Mon-el yelled as he kicked at the top of the pod. "We are gonna land in water!" I kicked at the top as hard as I could, glass flew down into the ship cutting me twice on the face and the rest falling to my feet. Seconds later we were in the water, I swam up to the surface with Mon-el, and to the shore where we lay there and felt the sun on our faces. 

     It had been about 20 minutes. Laying on the bank of the water having a moment of piece where our lives weren't at risk. Then I heard it. It was far in the distance but I could hear it now that I had my powers. They were sirens, many of them. I felt fear slither down my spine than back up. I hated that feeling. The sirens got closer, and louder within seconds. "Mon-el, Mon-el! Do you hear that?! What is it?" I patted him on the shoulder to wake him up. He listened for the noise.
     "I don't know, but it's getting closer we should probably go." He stood up and grabbed my hand and started running toward the woods. We hid in the trees and waited until the noise showed up.
     There were 7 ships on wheels, I don't know what to call them. They had red and blue lights at the top and were very loud. I covered my ears and sank to the floor. "Ahhhhaahhhh!"
The sirens were so painful to my ears. I didn't even know what Mon-el was doing because I was in so much pain. Finally they stopped, I opened me eyes and stood up, a bunch of people came out and raised their guns toward the body of water our ship fell in, 3 were headed for the woods. They all were dressed alike head to toe.
     "Run." Mon-el Whispered to me. He pointed to the men coming into the woods, straight in our direction, I haven't realized they were a threat until they started shooting.
     "Over here!" One of them shouted. The others followed. Chasing us farther into the woods, there were to many. I tripped over a branch and fell. There was one of them only a couple feet from me. I turned around and used the lasers in my eyes to make his gun fall out his hand. I got up and we continued running.
     "Let's fly!" I yelled to Mon-el.
     "No, I don't think it's a good idea we let these people know we have powers." He motioned for me to take a left and hide behind a fallen tree. We lay there silently as the men stopped running.
     "Who were they?" One asked.
     "I don't know, but I think thy had something to do with the thing that fell from the sky." Another said.
     "Let's get the guys to haul it out the lake, and you have no evidence they had anything to do with it. Probably a couple kids being stupid."
     "Then why were they running?" He asked.
     "Kids run." The other one said.
     "No, I believe Dan." It was a different voice now. "Look at my gun and my hand." He said.
     "What on earth did that?!"
     "I saw them, there were 2, then out of one of their eyes, was... was... some laser thing. I don't know. But I know for sure it was out her eyes."
     "That's bull!"
     "I agree, that's just ridiculous." It was a new voice.
     "What are you and Dan trying to say? They are aliens?" Another new voice.
     "Well, laser eyes, weird ship from space. What are you thinking?!"
     "Dan I don't know how you became a cop. Your talking so childish right now." Another one laughed.
     "Let's go back. You all are being childish arguing over foolishness." It was another new voice. They walked away, their voices fading as they got farther.
     Mon-el and I only came out from behind the fallen tree when they were long gone.
     "This isn't anything like Krypton." I said looking at Mon-el worriedly.
     "I know."