Chapter 8: The house (Mon-el)

I woke up to my arms wrapped around Kara and her head resting on my chest. All the memories from last night came flooding back and made me want more. I looked down at Kara, sleeping so peacefully not worrying about anything. All I wanted was for her to be safe. I combed my fingers through her blonde hair until her eyes fluttered open. "Good morning." I said sliding my hand down onto her face and cradling it with one hand. She smiled and combed her fingers through my hair.
     "Good morning." She said. She moved up and kissed me on the lips then the cheek then rested her head on my chest again. I raised her forehead and kissed it before I sat up.
     "We should get new clothes today." I said. I knew I ruined the moment but I had to.
     "But where?" Kara asked getting off the dirt bags and helping me return them to how they were before. Then there was a sound. Like the one of the police car door closing. I looked outside and the black car was leaving. Two people were in the front, a man and a woman and in the back two kids. A family I thought, and now they are gone.
     "In there." I said pointing to the building. "The house."
     "House? How don you know what it's called." Kara asked.
     "I just do now let's go."
     "But why would we go in there? There are probably people In there."
     "They left." I said pulling her out the little house and up to a door in the back. I turned the knob but it didn't open. I twisted it further then it could go not realizing that I broke it. The door knob fell off and the door swung open. We walked in and closed the door. Kara and I walked from room to room looking for clothes but couldn't find any.
     "Up here." Kara called from another room. I walked over and there were some stairs, so we went up. There were four doors up there. We went in the first one. It was painted light green and had two windows. There were pictures all over one wall and the bed was perfectly in the middle of the room. There was a dresser opposite from the end of the bed. We opened it and found all the clothes we could imagine. I immediately grabbed a red sweatshirt and a pair of black pants, I opened another draw and found some black socks and put them on. Kara was already dressed. She had on a casual white dress with light blue flowers in the bottom of it. She spun around and in the back it had straps leaving the back open.
     "Wow,"I said smiling. "You look...beautiful."
     "Thanks. It's the first thing I found." She smiled at me and disappeared into another room.
    It had been an hour, we found food downstairs and washed our faces and hair in the sink upstairs. We found the box to a square device and learned it's called a laptop. All the things we saw and read in this house taught us so much more about earth. It was amazing how different it was from Krypton and Daxam. But in all trueness I wanted to go home back to Daxam.
     "Mon-el! Mon-el!" Kara cane running upstairs into the room with the green paint. "There here! The police officers!" I ran to the window facing the back and there they were, three of them. Then in the front there was two. I didn't even hear the sirens this time. I listened closely to what they were saying.
     "There's nothing in the shed." One said.
      "We should look in the house." Another one said.
     "To be honest I think it's those two from the police station yesterday. Just think about it. The ship crashes in the lake, two people swim out from the water after, they go to the police station and they are pretty clueless. They don't know where they live and there is no record of their names. Then they jump out a window! Now we get a call from the neighbors over there saying there was two people in the shed of this house! Obviously they came in the ship and they came from another planet. It sounds childish and all but it makes sense," he looked up in the sky. "I'd bet both of you a million bucks that there are different planets and aliens up there. If I had a million dollars though." He said laughing a little.
     "You saw the video footage from the camera?" One asked.
     "Yeah and I believe it all, they have powers too and they're dangerous!"
      "How do you know they have powers?"
     "Who jumps out a window that high and lands on their feet then takes off running?"
      "He's got a point." The other one said.
      "And the gun that got fried." He said. Two of them walked back to the front of the house to meet up with the other two.
     "What did you find?" One from the front asked.
      "Nothing. But I think for sure we should check inside."
     "Adam! Adam! You all need to see this." One of the guys from the back came running to the front. He led the others to the door with the broken door knob.
     "It's broken, it looks like it was twisted off. The lock even broke. And look at the door knob, it has a hand dent in it."
     "There in the house I just know it. let's go." Adam said raising his gun and pushing the door open. Three officers followed and one stated back to take fingerprints on the door knob.
      "Kara, common we have to go now! Out the window in the bathroom. Now!" I said running over to it. Footsteps were on the stairs now. The other room doors opened then the one we were in. The man put the gun to Kara's head.
     "You. Don't move." He said to me. I stoped and put my hands up. The other three officers came in all pointing their guns at me.