Chapter 10: The City Far Away(Mon-el)

I sat down next to Kara against a tree. Earth wasn't what I thought it would be. I never planned on coming here but I never imagined it being like this. Why are people chasing us? What did we do? "Kara we should go back." I made a final decision.
    "Where to?" She asked.
     "Daxam."
     "No."
     "How can't we stay here!"
     "How are we going to go BACK to Daxam we didn't come from there."
     "Well we should go to Daxam."
     "Why not Krypton?"
"Because..." I couldn't answer that I knew she loved it. It was her home. "War." I said.
"After the war. But how will we even go back we have no ship."
"We need to go back to the lake where it crashed."
"And how will we ever find our way there! We don't know Earth!"
"Kara." I looked into her gorgeous blue eyes and waited for her to look back at me. "Just trust me. Please." She looked up into my eyes and nodded.
"Okay." She said.
I sat down next to her and put my arm around her. I just wanted her to be safe. Because I knew I was falling in love with her.

I looked up, my neck hurt from leaning on Kara for so long. It was dark and cold out and a chill ran down my spine. Kara was still asleep on my shoulder. We must have fallen asleep earlier. "Kara. Kara." I whispered in her ear softly. I felt the weight off my shoulder and knew she was up.
"Yes. What time is it?" She whispered. I didn't know and I couldn't see a thing. I could hardly see her. But now was a perfect time to leave and look for the lake. I assumed all the officers were asleep by now. We walked out the woods in the direction that it seemed we came. I acted as if I knew what I was doing so I could make Kara feel safe but I really didn't. Thankfully we made it back to the backyard where we came from. We walked down the streets aimlessly until I knew I would have to admit I was lost.
"I know your lost." Kara said. Her hand was firmly gripped in mine.
"Why? do you know where to go?" I asked.
"We should go back to the place the officer building was. There are lots of places we can go to ask where to find the lake."
"Officer building?" I laughed. Then she laughed. "It's called a police station." I said. Hearing her laugh was enough to make me feel happy.
"Look." Kara said pointing toward some lights behind a house. We walked over. Climbing over the fence and getting closer.
"It's the city." I said. "We need to go there." We climbed over the other fence in the back of the house and headed into the woods again. I reached for Kara's hand in the dark. I felt like something was missing having the wind blowing on my hand instead of the warmth of her hand in mine. "Kara?" I whispered.
"Yeah. Where are you?" She whispered back. I stepped forward and tripped over a rock. But instead of falling on a flat ground I was rolling. My arms and legs hit rocks. Branches snapped in my face and then my back and head hit a tree.

I woke up to the sun shining in my face. The trees blocked most of it but there was a little coming through and directly on me. My back ached as I sat up. I was lying at the bottom of a steep hill. My whole body was covered in dirt and mud. I looked around all I could see were trees and more trees. I could hardly remember anything from last night. Only a hard slam on my back and head. Suddenly Kara flushed into my mind. I didn't remember anything not even her from last night. Was she with me? My heart started to race and I scrambled to my feet. "Kara! Kara!" My voice hurt. "KARA! KARA!" I sank to my knees and sat down on the ground. I was lost. I couldn't remember anything and I had no idea where Kara was. I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I felt helpless.