Chapter 9: Helicopter (Kara)

Chapter 9:
     "You know your not supposed to do that!" The other officer yelled at the one with the gun on my head. "You can't threaten someone
with someone else's life!"
     "I know I'm sorry I didn't know what else to do to get him to stop." He put his gun back in it's holder and the other officer
Grabbed my arms down and to the back putting cold, hard metal bands around them. I looked over at Mon-el. The three officers were walking over to him then they put the metal bands on him to. They pulled us away, down the stairs and out the house. We were getting closer and closer to the cars, they were going to take us away. I looked back at Mon-el one last time and he shook his head.
     I moved my wrists in the opposite direction of each other and broke the bands. Mon-el did the same. Two officers pulled out their guns aiming it at me then firing. The other two tackled Mon-el but he got up quickly and fought them off. We ran back to the back of the house, bullets bouncing off our backs.
     We were running again, away from someone trying to harm us. I didn't feel safe anymore, I felt helpless. No matter where we went we were always running. My mind flashed back to lying next to Mon-el. I felt safe and secure, hearing his heart beat. All I wanted was to go back to that moment for only a minute. Feel the way I felt again. But instead I was running.
     We finally stoped. I didn't know where we were but I didn't care to know, it was a woody area, but I could see someone's house from here. It was like these woods were the back of the persons house. "When will we stop?" I asked looking over at Mon-el.
     "Stop what?"
     "Stop running!" I sat down against a tree and looked up at him. He didn't have an answer for a while.
     "I don't know." He said looking away from my eyes. "But it's worth it."
     "And how is that?"
     "I'm protecting you, all of this is to protect you." He looked back at me. I didn't have any words. I just stared into his eyes and felt a weight lift off my shoulders for a moment. I felt safe for a moment again. Then fear returned when I heard something in the sky.
     "It's a helicopter." Mon-el said.
     "A heli what?"
     "I saw one in the house, a miniature version, it was a kids toy and I saw the box."
     "What's it doing?" I asked.
     "I don't know." Right when Mon-el said that I heard bullets flying down from the helicopter, they hit the ground all around us and forced us to run. We ran deeper into the woods,
The sound of bullets hitting the crisp leaves followed behind us and so did the helicopter. I was done.
     I laser eyed the top of the helicopter that was spinning and watched as it slowly stoped. Then the spinning stoped and I watched as it spun to the ground and caught flames. I put my hand over my mouth and ran over to it.
     "KARA NO!" Mon-el ran after me. The whole thing was in flames. I felt tears dripping down my cheeks.
     "I killed them! There were people in there!" I turned around and buried my face in Mon-els shoulder. Even though they were shooting at us, I never wanted to kill them.
     "Kara, it's okay. We need to go quickly." Mon-el guided me further into the woods but I couldn't help but run back. "KARA! KARA!" I heard Mon-els muffled voice in the background as I ran back to the helicopter. "KARA ITS GONNA BLOW!" But I was to late. The fire grew bigger in seconds and the helicopter pieces flew everywhere. The helicopter went a foot in the air then back down. The hot flames blowing me back ten feet where I hit my head on a rock.
     "I woke up, my vision was blurry but someone was defiantly carrying me. It was Mon-el. I looked up and him and wrapped my arms that had been hanging down around his neck. He stoped walking and sat me down on the ground. "Kara." He started. "You would've been dead if it weren't for your powers."