Chapter 19

The atmosphere fell completely dark as you asked that certain question. Kioshi's eyes trails towards your mother's rather calm and collected state.

Your mother began to giggle "Of course nothing sweetie, we told you everything that you needed to know" she answered confidently, looking down at her plate as she cut her steak.

You looked at kioshi for any signs of disagreement. Kioshi simply smiled and nod his head "Mother is correct, we aren't hiding anything from you my princess" he answered, looking at you with love filled eyes.

You nod reluctantly, deciding not to question them anymore. Looking down at your plate, loosing your appetite.

Ren sighed to himself, looking down at you in pity. Him, knowing that their answer are far from the dark truth.

You tried your best to eat your meal in a faster pace so they wouldn't notice your discomfort. Luck wasn't beside you that day, Kioshi noticed and shoot a glance at you.

He was about to speak until mother suddenly tapped the table. Catching you, kioshi and ren's attention.

She gave out such a happy enthusiastic vibe that it's creepy and calming in a way.

"I think it's a good time to tell about my leave tonight mh?" She stated, leaving you wondering about her 'leave'.

You tilted your head at her "You're leaving again mother?" You questioned, as she simply nod in agreement.

"Yes sweetie, I'll be traveling over seas to meet up with some business clients that have been working with our family business for generations. I hope you kiddies don't mind it if I leave you two alone here? It'll be only at least for a month or so.." She looked at kioshi, a look that is indicating something.

Kioshi scoffed "We're not kids anymore mother, you can leave us be, travel as much as you want" he answered bluntly, as he continues to finish his meal, your mother turned her attention to you, waiting for your answer.

You scrambled to find an answer to give her, knowing kioshi now more that he feels more for you than you know in the past. It somehow made you scared for your safety. But reluctantly you nod your head "U-uhm it's ok, Ren is here to help and watch over us" you answered looking up at Ren with a worried smile that screams help.

Ren face soften "Of course I'll watch over them until you return Mistress" he answered. Mother looked at him with an amused smile "I see. Good, you know what to do right Bernard?" Ren looked at her and smiles charmingly "Of course mistress, I wouldn't let anything bad happen to Lord Kioshi and Lady Y/N"

  Mother seems to be satisfied, she clapped her hands together as she smiles widely "Well it's been decided. I will be starting to pack my things for now. Finish dinner without me ok kiddies?" She smiled standing for her seat, maids picking up her plate and rushing towards the kitchen. Kioshi rolled his eyes not even bothering to look up at her anymore.

You looked up at her "Now already? But you haven't ate much mother?" You said, looking up at her worried. She chuckled in response and kisses your head "I'll be fine sweetheart, I'll be leaving as soon as I finish packing, Stay safe sweety" that's the only thing she said before leaving the room, leaving you, ren and kioshi there. Well some other maids waiting on the side for any orders.

Sighing as you continued to eat, a minuet passed you took na quick glance towards kioshi who seems to not care that mother was going away again for another business meeting.

'Well.. I guess it's nothing big for him.. I guess?.. His been in the business industry for about a couple of years now. He might be used to it, people leaving and finishing their own businesses' you're so lost in thought, you didn't noticed that kioshi was staring back at you wondering why you're staring at him blankly.

"Y/n..?" You snapped out of your thoughts humming in response, sweat dropping in embarrassment. He raised his eyebrow in question "What were you thinking?" Sweat dropping more thinking of what to say, his stone dead stare not really helping the situation.

"I-I I was uh.. Just thinking why you.. Didn't say goodbye to mother.. Uh. Hehe.." Laughing nervously, well it's better to say the truth instead of lying. Right..?

He stared for a couple of seconds then chuckled "You're always an obedient girl y/n, always telling the truth, so pure it's unbearable" he said out loud.

Your rosy cheeks now painted red because of his words. "It's simply business priorities, one must leave to tent to their responsibilities. You'll understand when you start working beside me" he stated and winked at you. "Did my answer satisfy you princess?"

"Y-yes, thank you onii-chan"

After dinner kioshi received a call, excusing himself out the room. The maid picking up all the plates and silverware bringing them back inside the kitchen.

Ready to get to back to your room, ren blocked you from leaving the room. Looking up at him in shock "What's the matter ren??" He have a concern look on his face, breaking out of character from being his serious and matured state.

"What were you thinking y/n??" He exclaimed in a worried tone, holding your shoulders making you stay in one place.

"W-what do you mean? I didn't do anything wrong?" You stuttered, slightly terrified. He noticed your teary eyes and sighed, removing his arm off of your shoulder.

"I just.. Argh..! Sorry y/n, there's just things you shouldn't question. It'll just cause you so much trouble, that you can't control" you tilted your head, worried.

"Is it about that door??" He froze for a moment then nod "Yes, I'm unable to tell you, I'm bound to a promise, but please don't involve yourself to something you can't control. I care for you y/n, just stay quiet and forget what you know.." He pleaded.

"No."

He looked at you, a little shocked at your response.

"What.."

"I said No! I don't want to be lied to ren..! I want to know the truth.. I'm not naive, I know there's something going one, yes I'm afraid but I just gotta know..! Please ren" you pleaded back, tears streaming down your eyes.

His glance soften, he pulled you in a tight hug, hugging him back as a sigh of comfort. You're just so confused, the family you've been living with was hiding something from you. How could they do that. Why would they do that?

Ren brushed his finger through your hair, trying his best to comfort you "Listen.. Y/n, I want to tell you I do.. But it'll have consequences and sacrifices that I wouldn't allow to happen.. All I can do is look after you y/n.. And keep you safe from him.."

************************
Finally updated it yay!!  How do you guys think?? :D I miss yah guys so much!