Chapter 8: You Have Her Eyes.

Sing it for the boys, sing it for the girls

 Every time that you lose it sing it for the world

 Sing it from the heart

 Sing it till you're nuts

 Singing out for the ones that'll hate your guts

 Sing it for the deaf

 Sing it for the blind

 Sing about everyone that you left behind

 Sing it for the world, sing it for the world

 You've got to see what tomorrow brings

 Sing it for the world

 Girl, you've got to be what tomorrow needs

 Sing it for the world

This is one of my favorite songs by My Chemical Romance. Whenever my father was out drinking and it was raining, I would sit on my bedroom windowsill and sing this song like you would see in a music video. Lightening flashed in front of my eyes and 5 seconds later thunder boomed, shaking the bus. I smiled at this. I love thunderstorms.

I heard the door open and shut then the couch dipped next to me.

The person picked me up and put me on their lap. I smiled at Chris, putting my head in the crook of his neck. Thunder boomed again, making me smile even wider.

“I take it you like thunderstorms.” He said.

“I do. It kind of reflected my feelings a bit when I still lived with my father. I was sad, bitter, angry, but I still had that tiny spark in me from music. It helps me relax.” I replied.

“Why were you bitter?” he asked.

“I blamed my mom for everything. I blamed her for leaving me. I blamed her for making my father the way he is.” I replied.

“Do you have anything of hers?” he asked.

“Only pictures. My father burned everything else.” I replied.

“Can I see them?” he asked. I nodded and went to my bunk. I pulled out an old shoe box and sat back on Chris’ lap. I opened the box and picked up a few.

“This was when my parents took me to the zoo for the first time. I was 8.” I said handing him the picture.

“You look just like her.” He said smiling at me.

“Aww and you’re wearing a Marilyn Manson shirt.” He said. I chuckled and pulled out another.

“This was my first day of the 5th grade. I was kicked out of my old school for wearing Marilyn Manson shirts.” I said handing him that one.

“Aha! That kid in the back ground looking at you like you’re the devil’s child or something.” He laughed. I smiled, remembering that day very well.

*flashback*

“Have a great day sweetheart, and try not to miss us too much.” Mom said kissing my forehead.

“Mooooom.” I groaned. My dad chuckled and kissed my forehead too.

“We love you.” He said. I smiled and waved at them as they walked down the hall. I clutched my KISS backpack and walked into my new classroom.