The Song

Sans P.O.V

I sat in her room for hours on end, I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep. On the second day, Papyrus burst in.

"BROTHER, WHERE IS THE HUMA-?" He saw that I was crying.

"Human? F-Frisk? A-Are you alright?" I had collected myself, but barely.

"She can't hear ya bro. *sniff* She's in a coma." I said with a single, silent tear rolling down my cheek and falling into my lap.

"How?"

"She, uhm," I tried to protect him from what happened. "She tried to do somethin'... bad."

"What did she try to do, brother? Why is there a bruise on her neck? Why was there a snapped rope in the bathroom?"

"Don't worry about it bro." I said, trying to keep a cool head.

"Sans, I am aware of a lot more than you know." Oh no.

"W-Whaddya mean bro?" I hesitantly asked.

"Sans," He put his hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eye sockets. "I know what things are that you've shielded me from. I know what a Lemon and Smut is. I know that you went to Grillby's and drank to forget the world before you met her. I know what-," I cut him off and sighed.

"Do you know what suicide is?" I spoke low with my head down. He didn't need to see me cry. He took his hand off my shoulder.

"S-Sans, why would I need to know that?" I looked up at him with dark eyes. He looked at me surprised. "B-But yes, I do..." I looked up at him again. He still didn't get it, he was just staring at me blankly.

"I'm gonna let you figure this one out for yourself."

"Uh, ok? Can I have 3 hints?" He asked, somewhat excited for a game.

"Sure, bro. Frisk has a bruise around her neck, a snapped rope was in the bathroom, and she's suicidal." He looked perplexed. Then a look of sudden realization crossed his face. Tears pricked in his eyes. He looked over, and walked slowly across the room to the bed. He spoke softly to her. I walked over to hear what he was saying, until I realized that he was singing a lullaby that dad used to sing to me, and I sang to Pap when he was little, and dad was gone.

"Short steps, and deep breaths, everything is, alright,~

Chin up, I can't, step into the spot light,~"

He looked to me as I started the next verse.

"She said, I'm sad, somehow without any words,~

I just, stood the-her, searching for an answer,~"

We looked to each other as we started to sing the chorus.

"When this world is noo moore,~

The moon is all we'll see,~

I'll ask you, to fly away with meee,~"

We were both crying by now.

"Until the stars all faall down,~

They empty from the sky, but I don't mind,~

If you're with meee, then everything's allrriigghhtt,~"

I brushed a strand of hair from her face as he started the next verse.

"Why do, my words, always lose their meaning,~?

When I feel, what I say, there's such a rift between them,~"

I started the next verse with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"He said, I can't, really seem to read you,~

I just, stood there, never know what, I should do,~"

We sang the chorus together.

"When this world is noo moore,~

The moon is all we'll see,~

I'll ask you, to fly away with meee,~"

We were both still crying.

"Until the stars all faall down,~

They empty from the sky, but I don't mind,~

If you're with meee, then everything's allrriigghhtt,~"

I grabbed Frisk's hand and held it while I sang the next line.

"If you're with me,~"

Papyrus sang the next.

"Then everything's,~"

We finished together.

"Aaalllrrriiiggghhhttt,~"

Heya guys, I'm getting better about remembering! But I'm still sorry I haven't posted since the fourth, my friend's dad just died and I had to go to his funeral. Also, work has been keeping me crazy busy so I'm sorry for any delays. I'm going to try and post every Monday or so. So yeah. And thank you for the 297 reads and 13 votes. Y'all are the best! Ok have a great day/night/whatever! Baaaiii!!!1!!1!!11!

~716 words~

-Fin out!