Not Every Story Has a Happy Ending

(I'm pretending that all monsters know about aus.)

I stood up and ran away fast as I could. I ran behind Waterfall, and to my surprise, G was there. I sank down, my back pressed against the rock-filled corner. My sobs echoed on the tunneled walls. G sat there, smoking. He looked up at me when I had burst in. He walked over to me and put his cigarette out on the damp ground.

"Heya doll," he started when I had calmed down a bit. "What happened?" I shook my head. "C'mere," he opened his arms, looking at me with genuine concern. I eagerly wrapped my arms around his bony torso, burying my face in his jacket. I started crying again, my breath coming out short and shallow. Trying to calm down, I inhaled deeply. I sucked in the sweet, smoky smell of his jacket. It sent a fresh wave of tears streaming down my face. G noticed that I was crying again. He pushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "What's wrong sweetheart?" he asked worriedly. "Was it something that I did?" I nodded. He looked alarmed. "Look, whatever I did, I'm so sorry, I didn't want to hurt you, I never had! I-" I cut him off by pointing to the cigarette butt. He looked at me, confused.

"My father had smoked before he had started the abuse on my mother and I." I started, "I used to associate the scent with safety, comfort, peace. Now it brings me nightmares, anxiety, depression. The abuse started when I was a child, my mother had been on edge, and a bit snappy, from a hard day at work. I was ten, so I didn't have a care in the world. I didn't know what was happening. Mother hadn't made dinner the way father had wanted it to be made.

'If you don't like it, then make it yourself Phil!' my mother exclaimed, slamming her hands on the table and standing up. 'Not everything is about you!' my father stood up, enraged.

'Susan,' Father said, his voice eerily calm. 'I will have my dinner made the way I want! Whether I get it the easy way, or the hard way!' Mother stood her ground. Stupid mistake. 'The hard way it is then!'

My father leaped over the table and tackled mother. She screamed at him to stop, her piercing voice turning horse as father hit her harder. Punch after punch after punch. Finally, her screams stopped, reducing down to mere whimpers. He turned to me. 'And you! You're the most self-centered, bratty, ugly, fat kid I've ever seen in my life!'

I believed it. Every single word of it. He jumped on me, and began beating me as he did mother. But, one thing was slightly different, I believed that I deserved it. For years, we endured that torture. Until one fateful day, he shot my mother. She later told me that she had played dead.

Out of guilt, my father shot himself in the head. I took my mother to the hospital, she was treated there. The bullet had missed her heart and arteries my millimeters. When mother was done recovering, she turned bitter. Every day, she told me that I was the one who should've gotten shot, not her. That I should have saved her. That's why I wanted to commit suicide. I had always felt guilty for that. That's why I jumped." I knew that I was making his jacket wet, he didn't seem to care. He just hugged me tighter. I composed myself. "Then I met Sans and his brother. I love him but...sometimes he acts like my father when he's angry. He doesn't abuse me or anything! But the yelling, the readiness to fight, it all reminds me of my father."

"Frisk, I...I'm so sorry." I heard Sans say.

"When did you get here?" I asked.

"He followed you in, the creep." G said.

"She's my girlfrie-"

"No, she's not. You made her wanna kill herself!"

"No I did no-"

"Yes, you did..." I said quietly. Sans looked hurt, shocked even. G smirked.

"Say you're sorry to the lady."