Chapter Two

Third Person POV

The Moon Goddess's kingdom was peaceful like always. Everyone wore smiles on their faces as they lived out their happily ever after with the people they loved. Even those who had suffered most of their lives where now happy, their time on earth long forgotten as they enjoyed the luxuries of their afterlife.  

"Carlisle put me down!" Atticus squealed as the taller blond haired man threw him over his shoulder. 

The Moon Goddess had given the boy an illusion of the life he should've lived, putting a band-aid in all the right places of his mind so that way he was what you would consider normal. She had pulled Sylis from his mind and replaced him with Carlisle, his true mate who loved him unconditionally. In Atticus's mind the only pain he'd ever gone through was his death, seeing as he remembered getting ripped apart by rogues when they killed the rest of his family and Carlisle. 

In his mind he was never abused, nor was he ever rejected. He was just loved by his parents and his mate. He came up with his own reason to why he never had a wolf, that reason being he died before he could ever get a wolf so he just never got one and he was fine with that. 

"Only if I can get a kiss." Carlisle chuckled with a smile.

Atticus's face lit up like a Christmas tree as he gave a quiet okay, butterflies erupting within his stomach. Carlisle set him on his feet, a smile forming on his lips as he took the younger boys red cheeks into his hands. Atticus smiled up at him shyly and before he knew it their lips were connected in a soft kiss. 

In the pit of his stomach Atticus could tell something wasn't right but he chose to ignore it and continue kissing his mate. 

"I miss you so much little pest." a unfamiliar voice whimpered brokenly in his ear causing him to jump away from Carlisle, his eyes roaming the area around him looking for the source. 

"You okay baby?" Carlisle asked worriedly.

"Y-Yea. Just my mind playing tricks on me." Atticus replied after not finding the source of the voice, a smile playing on his pink lips. 

The Moon Goddess had thought of almost everything when it came to making Atticus forget Sylis. The one thing she forgot was to sever the connection that forms between the dead and the living. When ever the person left behind on earth thought about the dead with such passion, a connection is formed that allows the dead to hear the living whenever they speak about them or to them. Like how you speak to a loved even though they're gone. 

Depending on how broken up the person was about the passing of the person they knew affected how strong the connection was. Usually these connections weren't very strong, but with how broken Sylis was Atticus could hear him loud and clear. 

Atticus heard Sylis at random points throughout the day, his heart often breaking when he heard the pain filled cry's of the man. Atticus liked listening to this man, the mysterious voice sending chills to all over his body and making his heart flutter.

Those are the exact reasons he kept it a secret that he heard the voice. 

Atticus gave his mate a small peck on the lips, the older man smiling at the action. 

"I love you Atticus." Carlisle purred. 

"I love you too." Atticus smiled, hiding the fact that something felt off as the words left his lips. 

"I-I brought your bear with me today little pest." the mysterious voice chuckled, his voice breaking." Atticus I-I did something bad, and I wish I could take it back but I cant." he paused, taking in a deep breath." I killed them. I killed all of them. If you see J-Jackie up there tell her I'm sorry. I-I never meant for this to happen. I can't find Eric. I don't know if I k-" his sentence trailing off. " I don't know if I killed him or if he got away. I'm all alone Atticus. Just like how I was meant to be right Moon Goddess?" he said bitterly. " I have a lot of work to do so I cant stay as long today. I just wanted to tell you, you don't have to worry about your bear okay? I-I'm gonna take care of him for you. I promise. I don't even know why I do this. You can't even hear me." The man said softly before everything went quiet.

Atticus's heart broke for the man, a wave of sorrow washing over his body. He could hear the guilt eating the man away in his voice as he replayed the words in his head.

"Baby are you sure you're okay? You've been zoning out a lot lately." Carlisle said taking his mates face in his palm.

" I'm fine, honest. I've just been thinking about all my time up here and how short lived my life was." Atticus lied, nuzzling his face into the older mans palm. 

He could see the nervous look form on Carlisle face, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion.

"Whats wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing baby. Come on lets go visit your parents. " Carlisle said nervously, taking his mates hand and dragging him away. 

As Atticus walked away, he felt as if someone was watching him. He looked over his shoulders only to find nothing. 

Little did he know there was someone there. That someone being the devil himself. 

Lucas.

Lucas knew about Atticus's little secret and it only brought a smile to his face as he began forming a plan, a plan that would ruin everything the Moon Goddess did for this human. An evil grin forming on his lips as he watched the young man walk away with his beloved mate.

"If Moon wants destroy one of my creations, I'm just going to have to destroy one of hers. " He chuckled before vanishing.