Chapter Fifteen

Third Person POV

His heart throbed painfully within his chiseled chest, his golden orbs downcast to the cold hard concrete floor beneath his head covered knees. With every breath he inahled the chains that bound around his bare chest gave a slight squeal in protest as the cold metal bit into his caramel colored flesh.

The feeling of déjà vu swirled in the depths of Sylis's stomach as he sat chained to the floor with his arms stretched out by his sides as far as they would go, successfully preventing him from going anywhere.  His black locks tickled his forehead, his head lowered by the crushing weight of guilt that sat on his shoulders. The guilt only seemed to become heavier each time he blinked, grotesque images if what happened only a few nights ago flashing behind his closed eyelids. His stomach churned in disgust at the thought, his fists clenching the chains that spread his arms out so tightly until his knuckles turned white.

He so desperately wanted to burn every inch if flesh in his body that Xanthus had touched his mates soft porcelain skin with. Even with that simple thought in his head, his brain forcefully flashed an heart shattering image of Atticus's crying face through his eyes. His golden eyes were quick to fill with tears as he thought about his mate.

So many questions ran through his head at once, worry forming in the pit of his stomach.

Was his arm okay?

Could he feel anything in that hand at this point?

Could he even wiggle his little bony fingers on that arm?

But out of all his questions, the most important one to him was.

Did his little pest remember that night or did Elijah wipe it from his fragile mind?

Sylis couldn't stop the songs that ripped their way through his muscular chest, the unanswered questions making his throat tight. His sobbing didn't help with the chains bitting into his skin, in reality it only made it worse because feel down he knew Atticus was not okay, physically or mentally and he might not ever be. It's pained Sylis to know there was nothing he could do while being chained to the floor and walls of his tiny dimly lit cell.

"Atti-Atticus...." Valentin whimpered softly, the demonic wolf's voice weak and raspy.

Something was wrong with Valentin, and Sylis knew it. He couldn't feel Valentin like he did before he gave up his soul, it's like he was just barely there.

As much as he hated to say it, Sylis knew why he couldn't feel this creature he called his best friend, and it only caused his throat to become tighter.

He was losing him.

The groan of the cell door caught Sylis's attention, forcing him back to the present. He looked up as Elijah walked in, closing the door behind him.

The vampire stared down at Sylis with nothing but pure hatred in his eyes, his blood boiling with anger as it pulsed through his veins.

"I tried so hard to find the both of you." Elijah said pausing. " I looked everywhere!" He shouted." Everywhere but here. I thought you would be smarter than to come back to the pack house. But I guess I'm the dumb one in this situation." The vampire chuckled humorlessly, mentally cursing himself for not checking the almost obvious place." You are such a sick being. I wish you didn't look so much like Sylis, that's probably the only thing keeping me from ripping you into shreds." He said, his voice as cold as ice.

"Eli-elijah." Sylis whimpered, staring up at the man he considered his father figure, a stray tear sobbing down his cheek. "Elijah, please. It's me. It's Sylis! You've gotta believe me! This was all part if Lucas's plan, he tricked me!" Sylis pleaded.

"You might be able to trick Atticus with that little facade, but you're not going to trick me." He spat.

"Elijah-"

"Shut up!" The vampire snapped, his hand quickly closing around Sylis's throat.

This action sparked Valentins anger, the demonic wolf shoving suddenly and taking control of Sylis's body.

Pain erupted throughout Sylis's body, every fiber in his body screaming in agony as Valentin forced him to shift. Sylis screamed at the feeling of his spine cracking in half, he body arching bavkwards.

In shock, Elijah stepped away. His fist clenched and ready for a fight.

"E-Elijah!" Sylis cried, begging the vampire for help with his eyes.

Elijah only returned his look with a cold glare and a snarl.

Another ear piercing scream tore it's way through Sylis's chest as he felt his elbows snap and his shoulders dislocate.

"D-d-dad." He choked out, the name sounding foreign on his tongue as beads of sweat formed on the forehead of his deforming face." Help us." He whimpered through tightly clenched teeth, tears of pain and sadness blurring his vision.

The vampire was taken back at the name.

Sylis had only called Elijah that name once in his life. It was when Sylis was beginning to turn rogue, it was one of the rare times the boy was in control but he was delusional. He called Elijah Dad, begging him to save him from turning rogue. He didn't know of Sylis meant it but it meant so much to him that he did everything he could to help him.

The vampire looked into the man's eyes, looking for any form of trickery. All he found was a bitterly familiar look of sadness and regret, and it was then Elijah realized that the man before him was in fact the man he called his son.

"Sy-sylis?" He stuttered, his heart skipping a beat in his chest as he looked at the man who was currently in the middle of shifting." Oh goddess." He whispered in shock, rushing forward and began to unchain the man.

Once Sylis was fully unchain, the golden eyed man fell to the floor, curling into himself as the pain intensified.

The minutes that passed by felt like hours as he shifted, Valentin struggling to stay in control.

"Atticus." Valentin growled weakly, as he finished shifting.

His body shook violently as he stood on all fours, his vision swimming as he walked towards the cell door.

"Val stop! You need to rest!" Elijah said as he struggled to keep the deformed wolf from toppling over.

"Atticus. Need. Atticus." He growled.

"No, Valentin no. You can't. Atticus won't be able to take it. You have to stay here." Elijah said moving in front of the door.

"B-bond. Breaking. Need to mark. Need Atticus." He whimpered, his knees shaking.

"Valentin you can't. Atticus is too unstable. Just stay here." Elijah said, causing the wolf to growl.

Valentin took a step forward only to collapse on to the hard floor.

"Oh goddess. Stay right here I'll be right back." Elijah said, and in a blink he was gone.

When Elijah reappeared he was holding Atticus's bear in his hands.

"Atticus." Valentin whimpered, reaching for the bear.

Elijahs heart broke as he handed over the bear, tears forming in his eyes as he watched the wolf cup the bear so gently as if it would break. A lump formed in his throat as he watched Valentin nuzzle his face against the bear, inhaling the humans scent as he curled into himself.

Elijah stayed until Valentin fell asleep, his body shifting back into a sleeping Sylis who held the bear close.