Chapter Seventeen

Third person POV

Elijah's heart skipped a beat in his chest as he watched Sylis crumple to the floor, his body motionless.

"Sylis!" Elijah screamed, worry building in his chest as he ran towards the seemingly lifeless body.

As if it was instinct he bit into the palm of his hand as he opened the man's mouth, his blood dripping down Sylis's throat. He watched his friend, his son, closely only for fear to wrap around him as Sylis remained in the same state. The only indication that he was alive was the soft sound of his heart beating inside his chest.

"I need to take him to Ray." Elijah said his voice laced with worry as he stood to his feet." He helped us with Sylis before when he was turning rogue, maybe he can help him now." He said, lifting Sylis up as if he weighed nothing. "You stay here and try to get Atticus to calm down. I can hear his heart beat hammering in his chest." He said as he ran out the door.

Meanwhile Atticus sat in the bathroom with his nails digging into his head as he tried to block out Xanthus.

"Atticus?" Eric called softly as he knocked on the bathroom door making the human jump and a scream leave his lips." It's just me bud, nobody else is here." He said as he jiggled the door handle." Let me in Atty so I can help." He said.

Atticus couldn't let him in, he was frozen in fear, his breathing frantic and body shaking violently as tears tumbled down his cheeks.

"Atty?" Eric called with worry building in his chest.

The fear only seemed to build in the little humans chest until finally he passed out, his body limp as he laid on the floor.

Eric had to break the hinges off the door in order to get into the bathroom, but he was finally able to reach Atticus. Something in his gut told him what had happened to the green eyed boy, his wolf only confirming it as he they looked down at him.

They laid him in bed, tucking him in gently and placing his new bear to his chest.

" Moongoddess why didn't you protect him? Why do you keep letting these things happen to him?" Eric sighed, as he walked out of the room.

********

"Wakey wakey Attics!" The voice called, a hint of mischief lingering in his tone.

Atticus's eyes snapped open at the sound, his eyes widening and his blood running cold through his veins as he came eye to eye with purple orbs.

Attics screamed in fear, quickly scrambling backwards until he fell off the bed. A groan of pain leaving his lips as pain exploded throughout his head.

"Aw I missed you too little human!" He chuckled. "Don't worry we won't be parted again. I'm not leaving you this time and that's a promise." He smiled as he stood up on the bed, towering over Atticus.

"W-way! G-go-goes w-way!" The human screamed, scrambling backwards until he colored with a wall.

"Don't play hard to get baby, you know much it turns me on." He hissed lowly, winking at the boy as he stepped off the bed.

"E-e-eli!" Atticus called out as Xanthus crouched down in front of him, the demons eyes glowing brightly as they peered at him.

"Go ahead Atticus. Call for your precious friends." He chuckled, standing up and sitting down on the edge of his bed.

"Atticus?!"Elijah yelled, worry clear in his voice as he rushed up stairs taking them two at a time.

The vampire rushed in, his eyes immediately landing on the boy who was cowering.