Chapter Six

Atticus POV

I hiccuped as I walked through the woods, darkness surrounding me and making everything harder to navigate. My legs trembled beneath me in a threat that they would buckle if I continued walking, but I ignored it in order to fulfill the desire to get away from Sylis. My arms were wrapped around my body in a desperate attempt to keep me warm.

"Oh Atticus why did you let him fool you?" The Moon Goddess's angelic voice rang in my ears.

"At-Atticus ju-jus wa-wants Sy-Sylis." I sniffled. "Mo-Moon Goddess ta-takes Atticus ho-homes?" I asked softly. 

"I can't Atticus. Your soul no longer belongs to me. It belongs to Lucas. I-I'm so sorry sweetheart." She said softly making me wince, her words sending a new wave of tears to my eyes. 

"At-Atticus su-suffers? Sy-lis says truths?" I asked softly. 

When I didn't get a response I took her silence as a yes, a sob tearing its way through my chest. I had made a mistake by listening to Lucas and now I had to suffer the consequences of my actions. Those consequences being doomed to hell to suffer for all of eternity. Not even The Moon Goddess could help me get out of this. 

Sylis's face flashed through my head and caused my heart to squeeze painfully. The tears fell faster as I thought of the events that only happened a few hours ago, my stomach turning at the thought. I sold my soul to come back to him and in the end he was just an accomplice to Lucas's plan. I don't understand why he did it. What did I do wrong to make him hate me? Was he mad at me because I died? Did he blame me for him killing the whole pack? I just don't understand. 

  It had become so dark under the thick canopy of trees that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face, so I didn't even notice the steep hill a few feet before me until It was too late. A scream left my lips as I tumbled down the hill, my hands flying up to cover my face. I cried out as pain blossomed throughout my skull as the back of my head hit a tree stump and sent my body sideways. 

I groaned as I finally stopped rolling, but yet my world still spun as I laid on the cold hard ground with a warm stream trickling down my neck as I slowly sat up. After a minute of sitting completely still my world stopped spinning which eased the queasy sensation I felt after my fall. 

Slowly I stood to my feet, my hand gently placed on my throbbing head as I did so. I took one step forward, my foot sinking into a hole. I screamed in agony as an audible snap set a shock wave of pain through my body. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I sat down on the forest floor, my foot bent at an awkward angle in the hole as I let my other leg stretch out. 

The pain I felt was unreal, the queasy feeling in my stomach returning as I sat there. 

"Sy-Sylis!" I cried out of habit.

A habit I would have to break for my own good.

"H-Helpies!" I yelled out, whimpers falling from my lips freely as I sat there.

Pain consumed my body causing it to shaky violently and only make things worse.

"So-someones helpies Atticus." I whimpered brokenly." Plea-please." I begged. 

My body stiffened as I heard the snap of a twig a few feet behind me, my body tensing out of fear. My head fell as I heard the thing get closer, my tears falling faster as I gave up right then and there. I knew what ever it was, it had a clear advantage and I knew it would be no use fighting. 

"Atty?" A familiar voice whispered, pulling a gasp from my throat.

"E-Eli?!"I cried, looking over my shoulder to see the vampire in question holding a lighter next to his face which allowed me to see him." El-Eli helpies At-Atticus, pl-please." I whimpered, reaching for him and crying out in pain as a hot wave of pain shot up my leg.

"Be still Atty. I'm gonna help you just be still okay? Here hold my lighter, the only reason I had it out was so you could seem my face and not get freaked out. I can see in the dark." he explained, placing the lighter in my hand. "Okay buddy this is going to hurt but I've got to do it so I can get your foot out." he said.

Without any warning he pulled my foot from the hole, a scream leaving my lips as I fell back and hit the ground. My bottom lip quivered as I laid on the ground and waited as patiently as I could for Elijah.

"Okay, Atty. I'm gonna pick you up and take you home to where Eric and I live okay?" he said with his voice full of panic as he slipped his arms beneath me.

"Al-Alpha E-Eric?" I asked softly.

"Yea Atty. Eric is at my house. You want to seem him?" he asked softly as he picked me up.

I whimpered, nodding my head yes as I did so.

"Okay then, you're gonna have to stay awake for me okay? Can you do that? Can you stay awake for me?" he asked as the wind began blowing  past me and my injured leg became numb.

"Y-Yes." I whimpered. 

Soon enough we were out of the forest, the moon lighting up Elijah's face. Ever so often he glanced down at me, worry sparkling in his icy blue eyes. I trembled in his arms causing him to pull me closer to his body.

"Hang on Atticus. Just a few more seconds and we will be there." he cooed softly.

In the blink of an eye we were inside a nice warm house and Elijah gently placed me down on the couch, moving a pillow under my head.

"Eric! I need your help! Get in here!" he yelled, his cold hand cupping my cheek.

"Oh my Goddess! Atticus?!" Alpha Eric cried, appearing into my line of vision. 

I felt pathetic as another wave of tears formed in my eyes as I looked at the Alpha. He dropped down to the floor next to me, his warm hand taking mine as Elijah ran out of the room. 

"What happened to you Atticus?" he asked worriedly only causing sobs to rip through me as I remembered tonight's events. "Elijah, what happened to him?" Eric asked as his mate walked back into the room.

"I don't know. I found him when I was looking for something to eat. I smelled blood and I followed it to him. When I found him his foot was stuck in a hole and I'm guessing he was wondering around in the dark and stepped in it and broke his leg. He also hit his head on something and as you can see he busted his lip. " Elijah said as he sat down next to Eric with a bowl of hot water in between them.

I whimpered as I tried to stop my eyes from rolling into the back of my head, my hand squeezing Alpha Eric's tightly. 

"Atticus?" Eric said worriedly his attention snapping towards me." Atticus don't fall asleep! Stay awake!" he commanded, but it was too late. 

I had already plummeted into the darkness that was slowly consuming my sight.