Chapter Ten

Atticus POV

The first thing I noticed as I began to wake up was the way my tongue felt like sandpaper against the roof of my mouth. My body ached as I forcefully pried my heavy eye lids open, the light that dangled above the table I was strapped too, piercing my eyes and cause a whimper to leave my lips as I clenched my eyes shut.

Time became a myth in this cell, for there was no way to tell time and no windows to even provide information if it was night or day.

Xanthus had brought me to the cells the day we came home. The first thing he did once we got down here was strap down me to this metal table that I was currently laying on. He then proceeded to wheel me to this cell. It was here he made me feel the most pain I've ever felt in my entire life.

"Hello Atticus! I see you're finally awake." The demon chuckled as he entered the room, the metal door clanging against the bars of the cell as he threw it open.

I whimpered as he came into my line of vision, a smile dancing on his lips.

"Aw do I not get a hello back?" He pouted as he leaned over me. "I'll let it slide this time because I can only imagine how sore your throat his from all that screaming you do." He chuckled." I've brought you something to drink." He said, smiling as he held up a water bottle.

My eyes went wide as I saw the contents inside it. I pulled at the leather cuff that kept me pinned to the table, tears forming in my eyes as the fabric continued to rub my wrist raw.

"No!" I croaked, my voice barely managing to come out higher than a whisper.

"But Atticus, I made this just for you. I picked the wolfsbane myself. Besides it's not like you have a choice." He chuckled. "Now open wide." He said sweetly.

I shook my head no, keeping my mouth clamped shut and making him frown.

"I didn't want it to come to this Atticus, but you've left me no choice." He said as he walked out of my line of vision.

I pulled at my restrains once more, struggling to free myself as I heard him shuffling through what sounded like a bag full of metal.

My stomach dropped as he walked back into my line of vision, twirling  a hammer in his right hand.

"You don't want to open up, so I'm going to have to make you." He snarled at he rises the hammer into the air.

I screamed as he brought the hammer down onto my forearm. I could feel my bones shatter beneath my skin from the force of the metal head. As soon as I opened my mouth he poured the dirty yellow liquid with the black specs of crushed wolfbane in my mouth.

He clamped his hand do my mouth before I could spit it out. His harsh grip making my teeth dig into my cheeks.

"Drink it." He hissed.

Tears formed in my eyes as I looked up at him. His lips twisted into a smirk and his purple eyes filled with joy. Confusion filled me as I began the to realize that the liquid in my mouth did not burn, but it was the most revolting I'd ever put in my mouth.

Then I realized the reason why.

"You're not a werewolf anymore Atticus. You're just a pathetic little human. Now drink." He commanded.

Tears fell from my eyes as I forced myself to swallow the liquid, my body shaking with the sobs that were muffled by his hand.

I was not a werewolf. I didn't deserve my wolf, just like Sylis had said to me the within the first few months after we had met.

It was probably for the best the Moongoddess took him away because he wouldn't have to be stuck in my body. He wouldn't have to feel the burning pain from the wolfsbane that I was currently gulping down to quench my thirst, despite the horrible taste it left behind.

"Now that I've given you a drink. I think it's time to for you to quench my hunger." He chuckled.

"No! P-ease! No!" I cried.

Xanthus did not listen, he only ignore my cries as he trailed his hand down to just under my ribcage. His lips twisting  into a grin as he forced his fingers into my flesh and a scream bubbled from my throat.

I threw my head back against the table, my back arching and allowing his hand to sink deeper into my body. A familiar blue light beamed from around his fingers.

He was touching my soul, feeding off the pure energy it provided. This was the worst pain id ever felt. There were no words that could describe how I feel in this exact moment.

My vision blurred as he began removing his fingers, whimpers uncontrollably falling from my lips.

"Atticus?" His velvet voice echoed in my ears as his face appeared in my line of vision.

"Sy-sylis." I whimpered as I attempted to reach up and caress his jaw that was covered in a five o'clock shadow.

I felt my lips twitch upward as his golden eyes locked with mine. His eyes sparkled with worry, as he looked at me from behind Xanthus, who was also staring at me.

"At-atticus misses Atticus Sy-sylis." I said as I looked at him." St-stay Atticus? Until Atticus go's bye bye?" I asked.

"I'm right here little pest." He chuckled weakly, his voice cracking as his eyes filled with tears. " I'm trying so hard to stay. Atticus Valentin misses you. I miss you." He said, his voice drifting in and out.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Xanthus asked, making Sylis disappear.

"Sy-lis." I whimpered as my eyes rolled into the back of my head and the world went dark around me.