Chapter Nineteen

Sylis POV 

I had hoped that the night I marked Atticus for the second time would rid him of his nightmares about that night that Xanthus did the worst thing he could possibly do to someone. Unfortunately that was not the case, seeing that I was currently sitting outside on the porch swing while Eric was inside trying to calm my mate down from another panic attack. It was hard for me to just leave him like that, but me being there only worsened his condition because all he saw was him. 

I knew the second I marked him again that it wasn't going to help, because all it did was send him into an panic attack. I remembered that night clearly because I couldn't kiss him like i did the first time, he wouldn't let me. After I did it he looked at me with the most horrified look I'd ever seen, a look that screamed his thoughts in that point and time. He looked at me like I was a monster. 

When I tried to calm him down all he did was scream and run away from me. He locked himself in our bedroom for two days straight and didn't come out until I called Eric over.

"Sylis calm down, hell be alright. Just like he always is after he has a panic attack." Elijah said, leaning against the railing on the porch in front of me. 

"No, Elijah. He's not alright." I said as I stood up." That's what he wants everyone to think, but I know he's not alright. The last time he let me hold him was that night in the hotel room after we got out of the hospital. Ever since then he wont let me touch him, he wont even let me kiss his hand Elijah." I said, fighting back the tears that formed in my eyes. "I should be in there helping him clam down, not Eric. He is not alright Elijah, and I honestly don't think he will be." I said shaking my head as I walked down the front steps. 

"Sylis come back! Where are you going?!" Elijah yelled at me as I walked away. 

"To think!" I called back over my shoulder.

********

A sighed as I sat down between the roots of the tree, its hard bark digging into my spine as I leaned back against it. 

"What am I supposed to do?" I whispered, gripping my hair in my hands and pulling harshly.

"There's nothing you can do Sylis." A familiar voice said, a voice that made my blood boil beneath my skin.

"Lucas." I growled standing up and turning to look at him.

"Sylis." He greeted with a toothy grin. 

"What are you doing here? Did you come to fuck up this situation more or are you here to just say hi?" I hissed, forming my hands into fists. 

"No. I came to apologize." he said softly.

"Like that's going to help." I snapped. 

"I didn't come here to fight Sylis. I'm tired of fighting with you. I'm sorry for what happened to Atticus. I never meant for it to go that far. I didn't know Xanthus would do something like that." He said, his voice soft and regretful." I wanted Xanthus to make him hate you so it would push you into ruling by my side. I had no idea he was going to rape him. I'm the king of hell and I think that what he did was fucked up." he paused. " You didn't know this but Atticus signed his soul over to me so he could come back to you. He chose you over his real mate. He loves you, Sylis. I've come to let you know that Atticus is free of his contract so that when its his time he can go to the Moon Goddesses kingdom. I also wanted to let you know that I've made a deal with Moon, a deal that lets you join your mate in her kingdom and rids your body of Xanthus. Sadly that wont make Valentin look like a real wolf but I figured he would be fine with that."He said softly and for a second I thought I saw tears forming in his eyes. " I know that this wont help our relationship, I've come to terms that the boat for that was blown to smithereens before it even set sail." he finished.