Chapter 4

"I did it!" Fred said proudly, as they sat in Defense Against the Dark Arts together.

"You seriously got detention with me," Marceline said, shaking her head at him.

"I sure did! I jumped on his back in the hallway and told him to carry me to class please. I had a whole script planned out with our conversation to get me a detention, but I didn't even get to use it because he gave me one so fast. A bit disappointing if I'm being honest."

Marceline laughed and shook her head at Fred. "Well, thank you for not making me spend my first detention alone," She said, grinning at him.

"You got detention without me," George said, who had a pained expression of his face.

"Yes, well, someone needed to keep Marceline company in detention. Sorry, George," Fred said, shrugging his shoulders at his twin.

"Did I hear correctly? You got detention?" Artemisia said, looking alarmed.

"Yeah. I snapped at Snape," Marceline told her, knowing her friend was horrified at the thought of receiving detention.

"From what I heard, it was awesome!" Fred said from behind Marceline, causing her to blush. "Telling Snape she didn't know how he became a professor and walking out of the classroom. Amazing."

Artemisia, however, did not believe it was amazing as she narrowed her eyes at Fred.

"You're a bad influence," She said accusingly, pointing a finger at friend, but Fred only grinned at her. She then turned to Marceline. "Why did you get detention!" She exclaimed. "You shouldn't have said anything to Professor Snape, Marcy."

"I don't tolerate people being rude to my friends. Why do you care so much, it's not like you got the detention," Marceline said, clearly in a snappy mood.

She had never gotten in any type of arguments with any of her friends before, but here her and Artemisia were, giving each other looks. Artemisia turned her back on Marceline and listened to Professor Moody who had began to speak.

By the end of the class, Artemisia had completely forgotten about the little spat with Marceline, and was raging about Professor Moody.

"Why would he show us that? Those are unforgivable curses, you saw how uncomfortable it made some of the students. And the fact that he's going to use one of them on us during class? That's horrible!"

"Yeah, but you can tell he really knows what he's doing, you know? Like he's been there, he's seen it," Fred said, a trace of awe in his voice.

"Well it doesn't mean he needed to show it to the students!" Artemisia said, snapping at Fred. Marceline was not getting involved in this, and Fred decided he didn't want to make the girl mad either, as he was quiet after that.

"So, lets go get dinner and then we can work on that essay together before we head down to detention, what do you say?" Marceline said, looking at Fred.

"Sounds good, darling," Fred said, causing Marceline to blush.

That evening, Fred and Marceline went down to Snape's office, and Marceline was suddenly feeling very nervous. Fred seemed to notice, because he took his hand in hers trying to reassure her.

"Hey, it'll be fine. I'll be there with you the whole time." Fred said, giving her a reassuring smile, and Marceline managed one in return. They walked into Snape's office still holding hands, causing Snape to sneer at them.

"Ah, young love. How adorable," He said slowly, continuing to sneer at the two. Marceline blushed but didn't let go of Freds hands.

"Yes, well, I think I will just be having you two write lines this evening." Marceline calmed down a bit, writing lines, that wasn't near as bad as she was expecting.

"Ms. Phillips, I would like you to come sit right in front of me, and Mr. Weasley, I would like you to sit in the back of the room. So sorry to break up the couple." Fred and Marceline quietly went to the spots he told them too.

"Ms. Phillips, I would like you to write 'I am the idiot, not my Professor.' Mr. Weasley, I want you to write 'Even if I'm lazy, I still need to use my own legs.'" Marceline pulled out a piece of parchment and a quill, and began to write.

After an hour of sitting in silence, it seemed as though Fred could not take it anymore, as he broke the silence very suddenly. 

"Marcy!" He said loudly, so that the girl would hear him nice and clear. She took a moment before turning around with a smile on her face.

"Fred!" She responded, clearly trying not to laugh.

"Every time you speak it will be another hour added on," Snape said softly, staring harshly at the two.

"Sorry Professor, I just needed to check if my vocal chords were still working. They are," Fred said, and went back to writing, and Marceline wondered if he heard the small snort she accidentally let out.

"Mr. Weasley, I would like you to start writing 'Just because I love the sound of my voice doesn't mean I need to use it.' I think we need that message to sink in as well." Fred saluted Snape and began to write what Snape told him.

By the time Snape let them go, it was almost midnight, and Marceline was exhausted.

"Do you want me to walk you down to the Hufflepuff common room?" He asked her as they were leaving.

"Oh that's okay, you don't have to do that," Marceline said, yawning, but Fred put his arm around her and she leaned into him. She was walking but Fred was basically guiding her and leading the way, before pausing. 

"Wait where are we going?" He asked, clearly not knowing where the Hufflepuff common room was. Marceline told him it was down by the kitchens and they arrived a few minutes later. 

"Goodnight Marcy," He said once they arrived to the entrance, leaning in and placing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Goodnight Fred," She said, smiling up at the boy and blushing. He walked away and Marceline entered the common room and walked to the dorm, not even bothering to change out of her school robes before falling asleep on her bed, with a smile still on her face.