Chapter 22

"Have you guys had Professor Umbridge yet?" Annabelle asked the table the next morning. Those had already had her all nodded their heads, warning her about what was to come. Annabelle looked worried, as she had Umbridge that morning.

"Harry already got detention with her," Hermione told the group. "She was our first class and he already has a detention with her."

"It was totally worth it though. He spoke the truth," Ron said, supporting his best friend.

"We just about got one ourselves," Marceline said, pointing at herself and then gesturing towards Cedric and Aliyah.

"Well it would've been nice to have some company," Harry said jokingly, and Marceline grinned.

"My bad," she said sarcastically.

"On a more serious note, we've been thinking, and if Umbridge really won't teach us magic, we need to devise a plan to learn from someone else," Hermione said.

"Agree," Marceline said firmly. "Do you think McGonagall or Dumbledore would do it?" Marceline couldn't explain that they might because they had come to the house over summer because too many people were around them that she definitely didn't trust. At this point, she wouldn't mind telling Aliyah, Lola, and Cedric, as she definitely trusted them, but too many other people were around that she didn't know. Hermione and everyone else seemed to understand why she said their name, however.

"Not Dumbledore. If the ministry found out he would be in way too much trouble, he probably wouldn't be allowed to be the Headmaster anymore. And Mcgongall is too risky also, I wouldn't want either of them to get in trouble because of us," Hermione said.

Everyone sat in silence for a moment, trying to think of people who could help.

"What about Lupin? He was a great teacher," George said.

"How would Lupin do it, we don't even know where he is," Aliyah said, laughing, while everyone else exchanged looks.

"Er- right," George muttered. But honestly, asking Lupin to do it wasn't a bad idea, and the others seemed to agree as they all exchanged looks.

"We need to meet in private," Marceline whispered to Hermione, hoping Hermione understood that she meant everyone who was at Grindelwald place. Hermione nodded her head.

"The roof, tonight at 8."

Marceline told Annabelle and the twins, Annabelle told her siblings, and Marceline hoped Hermione would tell Harry, Ron, and Ginny.

Later that night, Marceline headed up to the roof, and spotted the Glenns, but no one else was there yet.

"Can never expect Gryffindors to be on time, can you," Tessa said, laughing, causing Marceline to grin. Marceline wasn't as close with Tessa as she was with most of the other people, but she was a sweet girl.

After a few minutes more, the group of Gryffindors arrived, Hermione leading them all.

"Okay, we needed a quiet place to talk about this without accidentally telling someone untrustworthy about Grindelwald place," Marceline said, and the group fell quiet.

"Like I said, I think Lupin would be good. If he agrees to do it," George stated.

"The only thing is, how would get into the school unnoticed? Students and Umbridge would grow suspicious if they saw him walking around here once a week and meeting with students. Everyone would get in trouble immediately and it would have to stop. And it's not like we can go to Grindelwald place every week. It'd be too much," Hermione said.

"Sirius? or Matthew?" Danny asked.

"Hermione's right, we couldn't go to Grindelwald place every week, and they couldn't get in here, especially Sirius. He's still considered guilty," Harry said, frowning. "I'm sure both of them would be willing to do it, but they can't."

"Anyone else?" Fred asked, and the group fell silent.

After a bit more small talk with the group, everyone parted ways, until it was just Fred and Marceline remaining on the roof.

"It's scary, isn't it?" Fred said. It was dark outside, so Marceline couldn't see his face, but she knew he was frowning.

"Very. But there are many people out there trying to help. It's just hard when so many people don't believe he is back."

"Exactly. How are we going to be prepared if no one is trying to fight now. We can't wait for him to be stronger. If we are going to do something to stop him, we need to do it while he is weak."

"I know," Marceline said, and it came out barely a whisper. Fred was usually always joking, always smiling, and it was rare to see him so upset. But Marceline simply put her arm around him and they sat there like that until Marceline begin to doze off, at which point Fred nudge her and they decided to go down to their rooms.

"Goodnight Marcy," Fred said after walking her down to her dorm, and kissed her.

"Goodnight," she whispered.

The next morning, Marceline felt horrible. She didn't know what it was, but she had a headache and her stomach hurt and-

"Marceline it's a full moon tonight, right?" Aliyah asked her. Marceline groaned. It was a full moon tonight, but it had never made Marceline feel like this before. She felt hot and sweaty but cold and shivery at the same time.

"Yeah but- Aliyah I feel awful. I feel like I'm gonna-" And at that, Marceline rolled over and got sick all over the floor.

"Oh! Marcy! Gross," Aliyah exclaimed, jumping back and staring at her friend in slight disgust. "Let's get you up to Madame Pomfrey," Aliyah told her friend, and Marceline obliged. Her and Aliyah took there time, as Marcy didn't want to throw up again and Aliyah didn't want to see it. They reached the nurse and Madame Pomfrey quickly helped the girls, getting Marceline into a bed and immediately taking her temperature.

"Oh yes, running a fever. I'll be right back," Madame Pomfrey told her. Madame Pomfrey knew that Marceline was half-mermaid, most all the staff at Hogwarts did, but Madame Pomfrey didn't seem to think this had anything to do with it, so Marceline didn't either. However, Marceline felt as though she needed to get down to the water immediately, but, considering it was morning and students were everywhere outside, there was no way she would be able to go for a swim without anyone seeing her.

"Is she going to be alright Madame Pomfrey," Aliyah asked, and she seemed to be thinking about the same thing that Marceline was.

"Oh yes, here, just taking this and you'll be feeling better very soon," Madame Pomfrey told her.

"It's a full moon tonight," Marceline said, and Madame Pomfreys face paled a little, however, she recovered quickly.

"I'm sure this has nothing to do with that! This happens to students every so often, just a stomach sickness, no worries dear," she said, smiling at the girl.

Marceline drank the potion that Madame Pomfrey had given her, and hoped that she was right, that the full moon had nothing to do with this.