Chapter 5

"I tried to wait up for you last night, but it was getting late, and I was tired so I fell asleep," Aliyah admitted to her friend as they walked down to breakfast.

"That's okay, but Aliyah, guess what happened last night," Marceline said excitedly.

"Am I about to get an explanation as to why you haven't stopped smiling?" Aliyah asked her friend.

"Fred told me goodnight last night and kissed me on the forehead," Marceline told her friend, almost jumping up and down.

She had had a crush on Fred Weasley since third year, when she saw him comforting a crying first year that Snape had been bullying. At first, she didn't know which twin it was, but began paying attention and eventually learned that it was Fred that she had fallen for.

"HE KISSED YOU ON THE FOREHEAD!" Aliyah shouted, causing many people to turn and look at them before Marceline clapped a hand over her friends mouth. "Sorry," She whispered. "He kissed you on the forehead?"

Marceline nodded her head, and her smile grew as her best friend squealed with delight and pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"Goodness Aliyah it's like I just announced that I'm getting married or something," Marceline said, gasping for air.

"Oh you two are going to get married and have beautiful babies! Strawberry blonde hair, freckles, your sea green eyes. It's going to be perfect," Aliyah said, talking about the babies Marceline and Fred were going to make.

"Oh my god Aliyah, Fred and I are not making babies anytime soon."

"I'm a patient woman, Marcy!"

The walked into the Great Hall together, Aliyah still rambling about the perfectness of Marceline and Fred, and they sat down next to Cedric and Lance.

Marceline was hoping that Fred would come over to her table, but as she looked in the direction of the Gryffindor table, she noticed that him and his brother were bent over and piece of parchment, discussing something.

"If you want to go talk to him just go other there," Aliyah told her friend.

"No, he's having a conversation with his brother, I don't want to interrupt that," Marceline said, grabbing a piece of toast.

"Marceline, quit making excuses and walk your arse over to that table," Cedric said sternly.

"Fine," Marceline said, raising her hands in defeat. "I'm going!"

She made her way over to the Gryffindor table and sat across from Fred who didn't notice she was there at first, and continued having a whispered discussion with George.

She cleared her throat. "Hey guys." The effect was immediate, George snatched paper down from sight and Fred look up to see who was talking to them, but his face relaxed when he saw Marceline.

"Oh. Hey Marcy."

"What's that?" She asked, curious because they had been so secretive about it. Fred looked at his brother and George nodded his approval.

"This, my love, is our future," he said proudly, showing her the paper. Marceline blushed slightly at the word 'love' but it faded quickly as she begin to read the parchment.

"Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes," she muttered, looking down at it.

"We've decided that after school, we want to open a joke shop," Fred informed her.

"You guys would be great at that," she told the twins, and they smiled at her.

"For that compliment, you can get 50% off your first purchase at our store."